Do ya keep it attached and just keep it behind the guitar or do you take it off and put it in that accesory box under the neck?
2010 Epiphone Dot
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
2009 Taylor 110 acoustic
uhh ok
2010 Epiphone Dot
2009 Taylor 110 acoustic
I take it off. A proper sized case really doesn't leave room for a strap.
A question back to you.... on my Elitist LPs I installed Strap Locks as soon as I got the guitars as I have a fear of having them fall off the strap. However, Gibson stubbronly maintains that if you modify the guitar in any way the warranty is void & apparently thi sincludes straplocks!
So my question is... did you say the heck with it and install a set anyway? I'm thinking of doing just that and of course keeping my original strap buttons to re-install should I ever need Gibson for service. What's your opinion?
Moving on.....
The case for my DKMG is a little big for it, so I take the strap off (easy with strap locks), and fold it up underneath the bottom of the guitar so it doesn't movie around.

With my B.C. Rich, the straplocks make the body sit too high in the case (strap buttons are t the back of the body), so the case won't close properly, so I take the strap off that one too.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
You can use strap locks with gibsons, it doesnt nullify the warranty. I and many other people have actually called and checked into it. Your fine adding strap locks.
2010 Epiphone Dot
2009 Taylor 110 acoustic
Quote by KenG
A question back to you.... on my Elitist LPs I installed Strap Locks as soon as I got the guitars as I have a fear of having them fall off the strap. However, Gibson stubbronly maintains that if you modify the guitar in any way the warranty is void & apparently thi sincludes straplocks!
So my question is... did you say the heck with it and install a set anyway? I'm thinking of doing just that and of course keeping my original strap buttons to re-install should I ever need Gibson for service. What's your opinion?

Yeah you're fine. I think changing the pups/tuners and what not might void it but strap locks are fine.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by KenG
However, Gibson stubbronly maintains that if you modify the guitar in any way the warranty is void & apparently thi sincludes straplocks!

You think thats bad? With Rickenbacker if you dont use "Rickenbacker" brand strings it voids the warranty. Now thats a douche move.

I leave the strap on, i'm just too lazy to take them off and on all the time.
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
I take it off when it's going to be in it's case for a while (overnight+), but I leave it on if i'm just travelling to a gig or practice to save setting up time.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by KenG

well i installed straplocks on my les paul standard gibson obviously as thats what your asking for.

i did however keep the orginal strap buttons in my guitar case accesoire thingy. just in case as you mentioned. but what warranty do you need if you have your straplocks on and take care not to swing your guitar over your head.

besides i got a 1 year warranty with the retailer but that has expired now but no problem right.

in short: straplocks on, keep strap buttons just in case something might happen.!

on topic: i cant leave my straplocks on in the guitar case. i have one of those where you slide the locks over the buttons and the locks are tightend to your strap. the straplocks attached to the strap wouldnt fit in my gibson USA case sadly.
Last edited by wolvenrick at Jun 2, 2010,
i never take the straps off my guitars, i have to have a strap for each guitar. it's a little superstitious/OCD thing really. I don't take the strap off once i've put it on because i think if you keep on taking it off you'll wear it out and make it a looser fit so it'll be more likely to fall off..

yeah, straplocks, i know
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
i tend to leave mine on because I buy oversized cases so they fit It saves me having to put them back on every time I play, so it's pretty good.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
One more thing to be aware of is that some guitar finishes do not do well with certain types of strap material. Same thing can happen with guitar stands, especially the older ones. Ex: A leather strap can eat through a Nitro finish.

My Opinion:
Strap Locks - Yes
Strap left on in the case - No
i actually can't fit my guitar into it's case with the straplocks on, so i HAVE to take the strap off. i'll leave the strap on if i'm putting the guitar into a gig back sometimes though. but very rarely. it only takes a second to pull the strap off of the thing.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I dont .. i just place it out of the case and close it
Last edited by kian89 at Jun 2, 2010,
due to my dunlop straplocks and the increased length it depends on the case and whether they will fit.
Quote by utmbarto
You think thats bad? With Rickenbacker if you dont use "Rickenbacker" brand strings it voids the warranty. Now thats a douche move.

I leave the strap on, i'm just too lazy to take them off and on all the time.

how did i miss this could you provide evidence for this - it's not that i don't believe rickenbacker would do something like that, i just want to laugh at the evidence not enough to put me off buying a rickenbacker at some point though, they are just that good!
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp