Poll: Is this completely over the top?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is this completely over the top?
No, that's f*cking awesome!
10 53%
Yes, that's complete overkill
9 47%
Voters: 19.

My idea for the next major upgrade to my current amp (the one on top of the cabinet). Anyone know how to get a Harley Benton cab to ship to the states?
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Last edited by FrustratedRocka at Jun 2, 2010,
Dude, if you're in the States, it would be so much cheaper and better to get a used Mesa 4x12.

The shipping for the cab would probably be more than the cab is worth.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Dude, if you're in the States, it would be so much cheaper and better to get a used Mesa 4x12.

The shipping for the cab would probably be more than the cab is worth.

Recto or Stilletto? It's hard to find used straight versions of either and the ones that I can find in good condition run 500 to 700 dollars. Also, those aren't anywhere near where I am. I can always see if Matrixclaw can cut me a deal on one though...
Quote by dr_shred

Quote by littlephil

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Check guitarcenter.com 's used section. If not a Mesa 4x12 you could always get two 2x12s, I know they often sell for $250 used.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
If you are in D.C., you can find a better used 4x12 cabinet at Chuck Levin's. I don't know of anyone in the U.S.A. who carries the Benton stuff.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by AcousticMirror
why wouldn't you just get from avatar?

Chances are pretty good that's what will end up happening but if I can find a mesa for the same price I'll go for that.
Quote by dr_shred

Quote by littlephil

Quote by Banjocal

Ya find a used mesa. 400 bucks on the high end, 350 on the average. 300 for a great deal.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
Ya find a used mesa. 400 bucks on the high end, 350 on the average. 300 for a great deal.

400? WHERE? I WANT ONE!! oh pleeeeeeeease tell me where you are and show me the way to the wonderful land of 350 dollar mesa cabs. The cheapest I can find here is 500 for a beat up one that doesn't say whether it's a Recto or stiletto.

EDIT: Although there is someone selling a Framus Dragon that he claims was used by Willie Adler for 550... why am I broke why am I broke why am I broke...
Quote by dr_shred

Quote by littlephil

Quote by Banjocal

Quote by AcousticMirror
http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedgear/index.cfm

go there search mesa category amps. sort by price.

I did. 400 dollars at the lowest for a cab that could be any of Mesa's many 412's. I'm specifically looking for the stiletto or the recto - not sure which I want yet. Also, having a straight cab instead of a slant would be nice. I'd rather not put my combo on top of a slant that it may or may not fit on top of.

I feel like I should point this out - this isn't going to happen for a while regardless of what prices I find. I'm saving up for other stuff at the moment. Thanks for the help though, research is always helpful.

EDIT: A local shop may have a Randall 412. How are those?
Quote by dr_shred

Quote by littlephil

Quote by Banjocal

You say $500 is too much to spend and you want to ship a 4x12 from the UK instead? What drugs are you on? - I want some.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
You say $500 is too much to spend and you want to ship a 4x12 from the UK instead? What drugs are you on? - I want some.

I didn't say that, I said I don't have anywhere close to 500 dollars RIGHT NOW. Also, my summer "job" is actually an internship which I won't end up being paid for. However, the internship is at a recording studio, so that balances the suckiness of not being paid.
Quote by dr_shred

Quote by littlephil

Quote by Banjocal

Vader cabs?
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Classic Custom
Esp Truckster
Epi Goth Explorer
Ovation Celebrity
Bjärton Bj-12
Eleven Rack
Bugera 333xl
Bugera 412H-Bk
Marschall valvestate 8080
Fish And Chips eq
Bad monkey
Zoom g9.2tt
Quote by bootas
Vader cabs?

I've never actually seen one of those, but from what I've heard people say they seem a bit too scooped to play nice with the Bugera, especially because I actually push the mids to get my sound.
Quote by dr_shred

Quote by littlephil

Quote by Banjocal

Watch the Baltimore craigslist... In my experience its much better than the DC one. Also watch Delaware. I don't know why but Delaware has the goods.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!