hey i wanna no wat a good classic EQ is for the subgenre listed above, now ik that alot of modern metal has scooped mids but it sounds somewhat like (especially in slayer and iron maiden) that the mids are pushed, do y'all know what'd help get a good, authentic 80's thrash/speed/NWOBHM tone? Btw i use a bogner alchemist thru my les paul or schecter blackjack (passive duncans) im hoping on getting a noise gate and EQ but atm i have no pedals
Eh.
By classic EQ do you mean settings or an EQ pedal, because settings on the Alchemist are kinda weird to work out, IMO.

Otherwise, I'd just go with a used rack EQ from eBay.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
It's been awhile since I used an Alchemist, and I used the head through a 4x12, but from what I remember the Alchemist was pretty muddy. I had to set the bass to about 4/10 or less, the mids to 6 and the treble to 7 or 8.

If I were you I'd just play with it. Settings threads aren't really allowed, either.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
go buy an ibanez tubescreamer. then set the amp with the bass cut a bit, and the trble and mids boosted a bit. maybe tweak form there a little. set the gain straight up. set the tubescreamer with gain at 9 oclock, tone straight up, and level all the way up. then tweak the gain on the amp up a little from there , but dont let it get too muddy. and have the boost switch and the other switches on.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣