So, I'll be studying in Trinity College for a month from July - August.

Anyone from Dublin or someone who attends Trinity that can give me some insight into the city and stuff like the music scene or other things to do?

What's the food like?

Transportation, is it easy to get around the city/places of interest outside of Dublin?

Cool local bands? Etc, etc.

A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
I'm not "from" Dublin but I lived there for a few months and attended Trinity. It's a lovely place and really central. What you have to remember about Dublin is that the Liffey is the centre and divides it North/South. There is a good bus system and a tram called LUAS. Grafton St. is great for bands and its across the road from Trinity. There's always buskers there and often fantastic bands.

My personal favourite Dublin band is Bare Audio. It's just 2 guys but they have this incredible, dark guitar sound. Not sure who I'd compare them to, they have maybe a Nine Inch Nailsy mood. Would definitely suggest them.

Enjoy!
dead expensive, apparently. everyone speaks with an accent that'll take you about 6 months to actually understand what they're saying. i can imagine, as a student, the food will consist of mainly potatoes and super noodles.
Quote by BK202
Acid has been causing problems on this thread for a while. He just likes attention because he never got/gets enough from his parents or something.
Declan, thanks for the info! very informative. Bare Audio, sounds pretty cool, will definitely look them up while I'm there.

acid, thanks for the accent reminder, forgot about that. I'm sure I'll pick up the essential stuff along the way in terms of accented words.

Any more? We'll be heading to Galway for a weekend as a group and apparently, we're on our own for dinner, so any nice, budget conscious restaurants in Galway?
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY