Page 1 of 2
good lord, it just a fucking art piece! There is no reason why this should ever be possible in 2015, at all!

The news post is fucking useless.

Holy Jesusballs, I can make shit float with magnets, too, doesn't mean it's newsworthy, and simply providing all the roads with magnets STILL wouldn't make this work, because it has no means of propulsion.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jun 2, 2010,
Quote by CoreysMonster
good lord, it just a fucking art piece! There is no reason why this should ever be possible in 2015, at all!

Tis a board and it hovers.......What do you call that?
Quote by davrossss
Tis a board and it hovers.......What do you call that?

last time I checked, the hoverboard from Back to the Future moved, and floated without having magnets under it.
this is a stupid art piece, not a hoverboard.
I think CoreysMonster is drunk right now. Like an angry sort of drunk.
the ladies love when i gyrate my ass in front of a graveyard
Quote by WyldChylde
I think CoreysMonster is drunk right now. Like an angry sort of drunk.

at least I'm right.

I came in here with the promise of possible hoverboards by 2015, that article holds no information to support that claim, because it's just magnets holding up a piece of plastic, not a fucking hoverboard.
now all we need to do is plot out the place we want to hoverboard to line it with magnets then kick ass to that destination people are dumb enough to believe it
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")98% of teenagers in America are currently bringing sexy back. Put this in your signature if you are one of the 2% where sexy never left.
How many gigawatts does that baby need?
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
I like the part about having local governments installing shit to make these work. Screw a high speed rail in the Midwest, we need an infrastructure for hoverboards
Quote by CoreysMonster
at least I'm right.

I came in here with the promise of possible hoverboards by 2015, that article holds no information to support that claim.

Granted. If hoverboard travel ever became a reality I think only douchey frat boys would seriously use it. And they would be rocking their white boy dreads and holding like 50 god damn hackey sacks in all their pockets.
Quote by hildesaw
I like the part about having local governments installing shit to make these work. Screw a high speed rail in the Midwest, we need an infrastructure for hoverboards

especially because it still wouldn't work, because the magnets would need to be able to also support the weight of a grown human, and having roads full of magnets strong enough to lift the weight of a grown man would create utter chaos.

whoever wrote that article is just friggin stupid.
I'm gunna have to agree with CoreysMonster on this one. I was let down by reading that. I could of made that peice of crap if I was bored and had big enough magnets. Lemme know when they figure out how to contain a small enough fan-based propulsion system in a hoverboard that actually works.
Quote by darkstar2466
Don't fret man.
Quote by CoreysMonster
especially because it still wouldn't work, because the magnets would need to be able to also support the weight of a grown human, and having roads full of magnets strong enough to lift the weight of a grown man would create utter chaos.

thanks douche for crushing dreams
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")98% of teenagers in America are currently bringing sexy back. Put this in your signature if you are one of the 2% where sexy never left.
I'm gonna be pissed when 2015 rolls along and it's nothing like the Back to the Future 2015.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by CoreysMonster
Maybe it could be elevated to that it wouldn't mess up other things. That's still fucking stupid though. Maybe every hoverboard road in the world could just lead to kansas. Isolate all the fools.
Quote by Doritoland
thanks douche for crushing dreams

the TS raised my hopes by inferring that hoverboard technology might actually be available by 2015, when in fact it was just some stupid art project an 8th grader could have made.

So I am now crushing this thread.
Quote by CoreysMonster
last time I checked, the hoverboard from Back to the Future moved, and floated without having magnets under it.
this is a stupid art piece, not a hoverboard.

This
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
Quote by CoreysMonster

Holy Jesusballs, I can make shit float with magnets, too, doesn't mean it's newsworthy, and simply providing all the roads with magnets STILL wouldn't make this work, because it has no means of propulsion.

mhm
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by CoreysMonster
the TS raised my hopes by inferring that hoverboard technology might actually be available by 2015, when in fact it was just some stupid art project an 8th grader could have made.

ok so you heard about something this gnarly and that it would be available in the next five years and you bought it? jackass
(\__/)
(='.'=)
Quote by CoreysMonster

It's ok dude. I'm right there with ya. We'll have hoverboards someday. It's all a matter of time.
Quote by darkstar2466
Don't fret man.
Quote by Doritoland
ok so you heard about something this gnarly and that it would be available in the next five years and you bought it? jackass

you would've said the same thing to someone who thought jet-packs would be obtainable five years ago.

Bazinga.
Quote by CoreysMonster
you would've said the same thing to someone who thought jet-packs would be obtainable five years ago.

Bazinga.

no sir im one of the logistical people who actually pays attention to technological advances so some internet bullshit
(\__/)
(='.'=)
Quote by Doritoland
no sir im one of the logistical people who actually pays attention to technological advances so some internet bullshit

Oh, so I don't? And any news about possible technological advances is bullshit?

Hell, for all I knew, this article could've contained the first report of a new propulsion system used to levitate large amounts of weight through a small surface area.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Oh, so I don't? And any news about possible technological advances is bullshit?

Hell, for all I knew, this article could've contained the first report of a new propulsion system used to levitate large amounts of weight through a small surface area.

keyword in that sentence is POSSIBLE all of the released info on POSSIBLE advances is bullshit to take up space on the news
(\__/)
(='.'=)
Wowzer, a board that can make you float AND ruin your credit card!!

Making sh*t float with magnets ain't no miracle: it's been done long before. In order tu support an adult you'd need a very strong electromagnetig strip in order to transport people: basically like on a magnet train (which would also imply that you can only use your hoverboard over a pre-constructed route). The only problem with this concept is that you can only move objects with magnetic levitation through variation of magnetic attraction over the course of this "strip", and that would probably become a problem if you get several boards close to each other

All the other issues (like stability, etc.) would have to be resolved by the board itself. If you think about it, due to all of these limitations you wouldn't think that there's a point to mass-producing these boards since the amount of skill required to ride one would still make this an object for aficionados (much like skaters today) while the technology itself seems more suited for regular (urban) transport because of the pre-established route (honestly, what's the point of owning a skateboard if you can't travel freely). So if we ever do get magnet-powered vehicles for individual use, they'll probably be cabin-based (keep in mind that all people in the future will be clinically obese

Because of these issues I don't really think that developing a hoverboard over this concept will lead to very practical designs because of all the limitations that are implied (that doesn't mean it'd be awesome if we did get to see this things roaming the streets within our lifetime ). Because of this, I must say I'm with Coreysmonster on this one

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Last edited by shwilly at Jun 2, 2010,
Quote by Doritoland
keyword in that sentence is POSSIBLE all of the released info on POSSIBLE advances is bullshit to take up space on the news

not necessarily, if there is a new technology that has been proven to work in a certain situation, but has not been tested in others, but most likely will, IMHO it's still newsworthy, because even if it fails, the new technology is still valid for it's other uses.

for example: let's say someone comes up with the technology to build a hovering trolley, obviously the same technology could be used to build a hoverboard.
Even if it fails, because like the hoverboard doesn't have the space to hold the technology, i'd still deem it newsworthy.
Quote by CoreysMonster
not necessarily, if there is a new technology that has been proven to work in a certain situation, but has not been tested in others, but most likely will, IMHO it's still newsworthy, because even if it fails, the new technology is still valid for it's other uses.

for example: let's say someone comes up with the technology to build a hovering trolley, obviously the same technology could be used to build a hoverboard.
Even if it fails, because like the hoverboard doesn't have the space to hold the technology, i'd still deem it newsworthy.

yeah that makes sense because that would of been REAL who in there right mind wouldnt have known this was magnets from the start
(\__/)
(='.'=)
Quote by Doritoland
yeah that makes sense because that would of been REAL who in there right mind wouldnt have known this was magnets from the start

well that's basically what I expected from the news report.
I didn't expect actual hoverboards to have been suddenly invented, but I was expecting more than a stupid art project.
Quote by CoreysMonster
well that's basically what I expected from the news report.
I didn't expect actual hoverboards to have been suddenly invented, but I was expecting more than a stupid art project.

then why didnt you say that in the first place instead of ****in EXPLODING on like everyone in this thread and coming of as a complete dick
(\__/)
(='.'=)
Quote by Doritoland
then why didnt you say that in the first place instead of ****in EXPLODING on like everyone in this thread and coming of as a complete dick

because this thread pisses me off and I'm fucking hungover and in a bad mood, you chode.
im done arguing with you mr. monster but one quick question how retarded can you be to think that someone in the PIT for christ sakes would have the first report of hover technology?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
Quote by CoreysMonster
because this thread pisses me off and I'm fucking hungover and in a bad mood, you chode.

But seriously, internet anger won't help a hangover, peep.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by Doritoland
im done arguing with you mr. monster but one quick question how retarded can you be to think that someone in the PIT for christ sakes would have the first report of hover technology?

maybe because this is the website I frequent the most?
And it's like 9 a.m. over here, and I haven't read the paper or watched the news yet?

Quote by shattamakar
U mad?
But seriously, internet anger won't help a hangover, peep.

I'm not even mad anymore, and you're right.
Quote by CoreysMonster
maybe because this is the website I frequent the most?
And it's like 9 a.m. over here, and I haven't read the paper or watched the news yet?

then maybe you should do that instead of arguing on a GUITAR website about HOVERING
(\__/)
(='.'=)
Quote by Doritoland
then maybe you should do that instead of arguing on a GUITAR website about HOVERING

oh god, just shut up. if somebody posts something stupid on this forum, I'm gonna say it's stupid, and there's not even anything to argue about, because I'm pretty sure EVERYONE will say it's stupid. remember: OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION.

I'm done talking to you, kid.
Quote by Doritoland

this is the PIT...anything can be argued in the pit
Quote by CoreysMonster
oh god, just shut up. if somebody posts something stupid on this forum, I'm gonna say it's stupid, and there's not even anything to argue about, because I'm pretty sure EVERYONE will say it's stupid. remember: OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION.

I'm done talking to you, kid.

peace man have fun with that hangover
(\__/)
(='.'=)
Page 1 of 2