I've got my Washburn X40 with a Floyd Rose currently set up to Drop D with Skinny Top Heavy Strings and the bridge is currently balanced with the body. My question is, If i tune the E string from D to E to make it standard, will the bridge level be affected in any way? Will it be OK?
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Quote by Zanon
No you should be fine. I do it all the time

I hope so, I don't want the tension messing up my Truss rod either

Move along.

Quote by steve_muse
If you tune ur D up to E, you'll have to tune all the strings, cause the change in string tension will make all the other strings flat. Then theres always the possiblily that the fine tuners will run out of headroom. And even when u retune all the strings to pitch, the bridge will then sit up slightly, and be more prone to snapping strings when you pull up. Action will raise the tiniest bit.

But there's no way that slight tension change will mess up your truss rod, So don't fret about that.

But i would like to get a fixed bridge 7 string, just for differnt tunings and extra low. Cause doing this is a pain in the arse.

Toodles!
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
Quote by haz_uk
messing up your truss rod? ...really?

Hard to imagine not every owns 6 guitars, ain't it?

On topic: OP just do it, no permanent damage will be inflicted even if the bridge decides to ride up a bit on you.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Quote by julzius
If you tune ur D up to E, you'll have to tune all the strings, cause the change in string tension will make all the other strings flat. Then theres always the possiblily that the fine tuners will run out of headroom. And even when u retune all the strings to pitch, the bridge will then sit up slightly, and be more prone to snapping strings when you pull up. Action will raise the tiniest bit.

But there's no way that slight tension change will mess up your truss rod, So don't fret about that.

But i would like to get a fixed bridge 7 string, just for differnt tunings and extra low. Cause doing this is a pain in the arse.

Toodles!

Ah ok as one of the dudes mentioned above I'll do that by tweaking the fine tuners. Thanks for the help

Quote by `digitaL.braVo
Hard to imagine not every owns 6 guitars, ain't it?

On topic: OP just do it, no permanent damage will be inflicted even if the bridge decides to ride up a bit on you.

Ok awesome cheers

Move along.

Quote by steve_muse