Page 1 of 2
Girls always seem to have to wear what's "in fashion" and as a result all seem to wear pretty much the same sort of stuff (in my experience) depending on location, school, etc.

However, guys never seem to do this

Why does the Pit think this is?

We're not just talking about the simple "girls wanna look good" thing either, it seems that guys generally seem to vary in tastes a lot more, and seem to have a much more diverse range of hair styles and stuff.

This may become a good thread, or I may just be talking crap

Discuss
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
Last edited by archerygenious at Jun 2, 2010,
"Fist Pumpr" has put many strange and scary images into my head.
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Quote by archerygenious
guys generally seem to vary in tastes a lot more, and seem to have a much more diverse range of hair styles and stuff.

This is actually weird because girls have more types of clothes to choose from. I don't know why though.

I'm a girl and I agree, my closet looks the same as everyone else I know.
cat
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel

?

So many faces I want to turn into red pulp with my bare hands...

But yeah, many guys are the same, just look around you a bit more closely.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
Yeah, that's not even an accurate observation.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel

?

I knew this was coming

Quote by Le_Bunny
It's only certain types of girls. Usually the more vain socialites, whose peers will judge them on what they wear.

Best reply so far

Quote by SlinkyBlue
Yeah, that's not even an accurate observation.

I did say "from my experience" so how would you know? Have you been stalking me?
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I also realised something. Cats have been evolving for just as long as snakes, komodo dragons, elephants, leopards and narwhals, and their defense mechanism is still just essentially bad posture.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Jun 2, 2010,
i know a lot of guys with similiar t shirts and stuff because we all get our clothes from primark because its so cheap
I also realised something earlier. You never see naked pictures of eskimos.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO

How would you identify them as an eskimo if they were naked?
Those who have crossed
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Quote by Callum89

Exactly
Sig.
Well to be honest where I am most of the guys I know are the "douche-bag" cliche. Most of the girls are a weird preppy type deal.
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO

I must research.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by Callum89

Probably from the ice forming on their pubes, and the look of "there's no way I can get back into enough clothes in time to stop myself freezing to death".
Quote by MightyAl
Probably from the ice forming on their pubes, and the look of "there's no way I can get back into enough clothes in time to stop myself freezing to death".

That look could also be achieved by a Jap on one of their game shows.
Those who have crossed
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Quote by Callum89

...touche, sir.

Back on topic, I realised something today. You can't tell a naked eskimo from looking at them.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by Callum89
That look could also be achieved by a Jap on one of their game shows.

Their faces also look slightly different. Also, the eskimo probably smells of seal fat.
I don't think that's totally true, but I agree to a certain extent.

I know a girl who goes to private school, and saw some pictures from a party she went to and the majority of the guys were wearing the same sort of shirt combination... looked pretty lame.

There's then the chavs, who were pretty much identical sort of stuff.

I think it may be more that girls care more if they stick out (not true for all girls, but certainly for some), and if they see their friend wearing something 'nice', they'll go buy it themselves from the same store.

In my case, I care less then some guys I know. I mean, most of my t-shirts cost £3 from primark, however I use them to full effect. I've had so many laughs out of them (making terrible jokes) and they've lasted a fair amount of time. If I'm out to impress, I will try and wear one that makes me look SLIGHTLY muscular, but it usually doesn't work.

I know some guys that really could not give a crap, wearing hand me downs and what not. It's strange, because the two guys I know with the richest parents wear absolute crap clothes (even though their siblings wear the preppy kind of crap), yet some with guys will strive to wear Jack Wills, Abecrombie etc.

I think it does depend on the area, but I think girls try to fit into the mould, as to not look TOO out of the ordinary and attract too much attention for the wrong reasons, and I believe guys try and get attention with girls buy wearing all the different types of clothing. I think spending over £10 on a T-shirt is pretty stupid, but that's just me, it's your money, do with it what you will!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by MightyAl
Their faces also look slightly different. Also, the eskimo probably smells of seal fat.

Do they have picture with smell these days? Men, am I behind in tech. development...

OT I think it depends on 1) your age, when you get older you develop more of a personal style 2) the kind of girls who walk around your neighbourhood, preppy always seems to look the same 3) maybe you're not looking hard enough...
Quote by Johnny skins
banned cause im fine because of your avatar! it blasts happyness everytime i see it!!

definitly the best avatar ever I=Cookie

Proud owner of the: I'm wearing clothes in the Pit! Group! Click here to join
Quote by will123456789
I don't think that's totally true, but I agree to a certain extent.

I know a girl who goes to private school, and saw some pictures from a party she went to and the majority of the guys were wearing the same sort of shirt combination... looked pretty lame.

There's then the chavs, who were pretty much identical sort of stuff.

I think it may be more that girls care more if they stick out (not true for all girls, but certainly for some), and if they see their friend wearing something 'nice', they'll go buy it themselves from the same store.

In my case, I care less then some guys I know. I mean, most of my t-shirts cost £3 from primark, however I use them to full effect. I've had so many laughs out of them (making terrible jokes) and they've lasted a fair amount of time. If I'm out to impress, I will try and wear one that makes me look SLIGHTLY muscular, but it usually doesn't work.

I know some guys that really could not give a crap, wearing hand me downs and what not. It's strange, because the two guys I know with the richest parents wear absolute crap clothes (even though their siblings wear the preppy kind of crap), yet some with guys will strive to wear Jack Wills, Abecrombie etc.

I think it does depend on the area, but I think girls try to fit into the mould, as to not look TOO out of the ordinary and attract too much attention for the wrong reasons, and I believe guys try and get attention with girls buy wearing all the different types of clothing. I think spending over £10 on a T-shirt is pretty stupid, but that's just me, it's your money, do with it what you will!

Just when I was thinking it was a big mistake naming the thread "I realised something earlier..." you come along with a serious answer!!

I personally usually just wear t-shirts and a few shirts, but I just wear whatever I think looks good, and never spend more than £10 on a t-shirt, ever, I mean I rarely ever spend more than £5. At best I'll try and wear clothes that make me look muscular, and I suppose I am kind of vain, but still, I just where whatever

One thing that does piss me off though, is when girls do something "different" that everyone else is doing and then act like they're being really original, like wearing a jumper several sizes too large as a dress

Quote by I=Cookie
Do they have picture with smell these days? Men, am I behind in tech. development...

OT I think it depends on 1) your age, when you get older you develop more of a personal style 2) the kind of girls who walk around your neighbourhood, preppy always seems to look the same 3) maybe you're not looking hard enough...

Well, I do. Either that, or I'm hallucinating again. Mind that elephant, he's got a potato. Bit I doubt that's the case.
I think you're wrong.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by MightyAl
Well, I do. Either that, or I'm hallucinating again. Mind that elephant, he's got a potato. Bit I doubt that's the case.

My pink girraffe is mates with your elephant and he's saying magic potatoes are your elephant's favourite snack.
Those who have crossed
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Last edited by Callum89 at Jun 2, 2010,
Quote by Callum89
My pink girraffe is mates with your elephant and he's saying magic potatoes are your elephant's favourite snack.

He's not my elephant; they are sentient beings in their own roght and no man's property or chattel.
Though he will be your friend for some peanuts.
Quote by MightyAl
He's not my elephant; they are sentient beings in their own roght and no man's property or chattel.
Though he will be your friend for some peanuts.

Well, I own my giraffe, in a sado masochist sort of way of course; you should see a giraffe in a gimp suit, it's quite a sexy sight.
Those who have crossed
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Imo, women are considered more vulnerable by other women if they're not "connected" to a certain social class/group in some way. Clothes is the easiest way to identify with another for females.

"Hey, cute shirt, where'd you get it?"
-"Oh thanks! I got it at *****."
*buys same shirt next day*
-"You're wearing the same shirt I have! We should be best friends now!"

^ That I'm honestly not bullshitting. Witnessed that entire conversation.

Men have a more independent mind set, therefore they probably have many different opinions as to what looks good and what doesn't, even between good friends.
Quite a few of my friends dress nothing like me. I have friends who come to school in button-up shirts and ties, friends who dress in women's jeans and wear skater shirts, friends who come to school in abercrombie & fitch crap, etc. All I usually wear is flannel and semi-tight jeans.
Quote by eterom11
Yes, it is then!

You are truly a god among men.

Quote by Pancakehead
Dear Scribbllez I Googled it my good sir,
A hearty lol it did stir.

Ending Autumn
My mom used to buy my shirt. She died 5 months ago, so I may be wearing the same thing until my girlfriend decide that my shirts are smelly and too old.

But I agree with you TS, but for the guys, there is the douche-bag class ... which are pretty much rejected child at elementary school who fake a big ego based on nothing.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
Quote by Callum89

the beards, all eskimos have a signature beard and birth mark of a polar bear on their left shoulder blade.... google that shit yo
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
TS you are wrong.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by padgea7x
TS you are wrong.

Again, this is only based on my person experiences

Quote by bender424
My mom used to buy my shirt. She died 5 months ago, so I may be wearing the same thing until my girlfriend decide that my shirts are smelly and too old.

But I agree with you TS, but for the guys, there is the douche-bag class ... which are pretty much rejected child at elementary school who fake a big ego based on nothing.

Well... this is akward.
I was thinking a similar thing today actually.

I've noticed that a lot of the guys I know that are over, say 25, and were into punk or skate as a teenager wear the same clothes; Converse/Dickies with long socks, three - quarter pants and a band t-shirts. But the majority of girls over that age don't dress that way, even if they were the biggest skate punk fan as a teenager.

I don't know if that made sense

There's blood in the water
Sinking, always sinking

Quote by archerygenious
Again, this is only based on my person experiences

How many girls do you know?

It's probably two and they're most likely twins.

Seriously though, I think it just depends really like there's this group of girls I know (dislike them a hella of alot) and they call themselves "Team 8" They all dress the same. But most of the females I'm friends with dress nothing like each other. Boys around my area dress like each other more than anything
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by padgea7x
How many girls do you know?

It's probably two and they're most likely twins.

Seriously though, I think it just depends really like there's this group of girls I know (dislike them a hella of alot) and they call themselves "Team 8" They all dress the same. But most of the females I'm friends with dress nothing like each other. Boys around my area dress like each other more than anything

A vast majority of girls I've seen/know in a nearby town/city all seem to wear exactly the same stuff, with a few exceptions obviously, but overall they all seem to have the exact same tastes

As I said in OP, it varies a lot depending on area, school, group and such, like skaters are obviously all going to wear the same sort of stuff regardless of gender

You're not going to get in a pissing contest here, are you?

@ TS, I think your elephant looks very nice
Quote by Johnny skins
banned cause im fine because of your avatar! it blasts happyness everytime i see it!!

definitly the best avatar ever I=Cookie

Proud owner of the: I'm wearing clothes in the Pit! Group! Click here to join
Quote by I=Cookie
You're not going to get in a pissing contest here, are you?

@ TS, I think your elephant looks very nice

I have absolutely no intention of pissing

I only just went

EDIT: Elephant?

fashion sucks im getting yelled at for being a dirty punk all the time at school and when they do that i moon them (no clothes at all ).

guys at my school all of them dress the same with their pants on their ****ing knees and most of them wear some kinda bomberjack to be cool and smoke..

im a punk and dont smoke and drink.
every ''cool'' one does that 2 things.

especially the girls. most of them are nasty sluts with dyes blond hair and a face thats f*cked up by sucking to many dicks and all of them smoke.
Quote by palefire
Should point out that Doctor Rock has a point, by the way - we do have some of the biggest nutters (usually in a funny way) in the country.

Londons Burning!
dahdahdahdahdah!
Page 1 of 2