Okay, next step to upgrading my rig: My speaker.

I am using an older USA model Crate Palomino V32 combo with an 8 ohm 12" crappy Celestion speaker in it. I feel that this speaker is holding me back tonally and I want to replace it next.

I am looking to spend <100$, preferably around 60-70$.

I play blues rock and dabble in metal, so what do you think the best choice for my situation would be?
warehouse speakers has been getting alot of good press right now. there is also hellatone as well. both copy celestion speakers.

it your palomino loaded with a V30? that is considered by many to be a top of the line speaker (i don't care for it much myself). i'd get a weber ceramic silver bell for about 90 usd, real good speaker
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I've got an WGS ET-65 that sounds fantastic.
Quote by gumbilicious
warehouse speakers has been getting alot of good press right now. there is also hellatone as well. both copy celestion speakers.

it your palomino loaded with a V30? that is considered by many to be a top of the line speaker (i don't care for it much myself). i'd get a weber ceramic silver bell for about 90 usd, real good speaker

Hellatones are actually just Celestion speakers that have been broken in.

I really like WGS speakers, and with your budget, I think they should be a no-brainer.
Quote by Van Noord

For the sake of looking out for the OP, are these speakers 100% brand new and have to be broken in? If so, they'll sound like ass falling out of his amp for the first while of playing, right?
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
For the sake of looking out for the OP, are these speakers 100% brand new and have to be broken in? If so, they'll sound like ass falling out of his amp for the first while of playing, right?
They are brand new speakers, and sound great out of the box. They only get better sounding with time. But that is a slow and gradual process.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
They are brand new speakers, and sound great out of the box. They only get better sounding with time. But that is a slow and gradual process.

Oh I've heard... essentially the opposite. That when you first get them there is a weird mid spike and it'll sound way off, but playing at volume gets that oddity out of them.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
Oh I've heard... essentially the opposite. That when you first get them there is a weird mid spike and it'll sound way off, but playing at volume gets that oddity out of them.
Not with all speakers. That's typical of a Celestion V30. Not all speakers have lots of, or unpleasant midrange.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION