I was wondering if it would be possible (and how difficult that would be) to mod my two Hartke VX cabinets from 8 ohm to 4 ohms so I can get more power from my amp.

thanks
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
One has 4 speakers, the other has just one.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

Are you going to be using both at once?
If so, (since they're already 8-ohm cabinets) then combined they would be a 4-ohm load.

If you rewired it (which is impossible as far as you should be concerned, unless you got new speakers) so they're each 4-ohm cabinets, then that would result in a 2-ohm load, being too much for most amps to handle.
Quote by Steve46
thanks alot ice condition!! your the breast!

The best bosom in all of UG.
I'm planning on using both together since I specifically need the 2ohm load.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Quote by gilly_90
I was wondering if it would be possible (and how difficult that would be) to mod my two Hartke VX cabinets from 8 ohm to 4 ohms so I can get more power from my amp.

thanks
Not possible without replacing the speakers.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
why a 2ohm load? that's a lot to be pushing onto an amp unless it's specifically wired to be able to handle that.
Quote by Steve46
thanks alot ice condition!! your the breast!

The best bosom in all of UG.
Quote by ice condition
why a 2ohm load? that's a lot to be pushing onto an amp unless it's specifically wired to be able to handle that.

It is wired to handle that.

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Not possible without replacing the speakers.

bugger. Oh well, you live and learn.

Thanks for the info
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid