hi i have a jackson dinky10 i love this guitar it sounds great but i want it to sound even better i am looking into getting emgs. i was looking at my favorite guitarplayers setups, kirk hammett. on his skully guitar they said he runs emg81 which r in fact what i wanna get but it also says he has two emg81 active pickups on it. my problem is, is when u look at the emg website it shows one pickup wit a volume control and a tone control now i want both on it my guitar but i dont wanna drill two holes for it cause i love the paint on it it would really help if someone cleared this up for me and if show me pics of how it goes also emg now has a solderless install now!!!
The pup comes with a volume and tone pot. But you don't have to use them if you don't want to. Also, unless they did something new recently (i'm not up to date) then only the cable that connects to the pickup itself is solderless.
i just fitted EMG's into my LTD EX250 (yesturday actualy) and the whole thing is solderless if you only want 1 pup

if you want 2 with a pickup switch you only have to solder 4 wires to the pick-up switch

http://www.emginc.com/content/wiringdiagrams/H_0230-0106D.pdf

there is the wiring diagrams you can use =)

ill post some pictures once i am home =)
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band

there's what the wiring will look like (if you just do a quick job lol)
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
I was about a month to late to get the fully wireless kit, as said above in that instance only the connections to the pup are soldered.

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker