Hey, i have the chance to buy a Gibson Les Paul Studio for round £600. I've tried looking it up online but can't find anything similar to it, and closest i could find was it in a faded cherry (the one i can buy is in a kinda faded black, not a glossy finish on it or anything): http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Gibson-Les-Paul-Studio-Guitar-Faded-Worn-Cherry/AUD

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet but i will in a couple of days, but i just wanted to know any thoughts on it. I know it wont be as good as a Les Paul twice the price of it, and that eventually i will need to change the pickups, but overall is it any good for the price?

Thanks in advance
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
they have been known to be hit or miss, so it's best when you try one and find one you like get it, most people like them but it's all personal taste
Quote by DegaDeth
Hey, i have the chance to buy a Gibson Les Paul Studio for round £600. I've tried looking it up online but can't find anything similar to it, and closest i could find was it in a faded cherry (the one i can buy is in a kinda faded black, not a glossy finish on it or anything): http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Gibson-Les-Paul-Studio-Guitar-Faded-Worn-Cherry/AUD

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet but i will in a couple of days, but i just wanted to know any thoughts on it. I know it wont be as good as a Les Paul twice the price of it, and that eventually i will need to change the pickups, but overall is it any good for the price?

Thanks in advance

You wont need to change the pickups, the difference between the high end gibson and the studio is cosmectic, you dont have binding etc. The sound/electronics are exaclty the same. I own s tudio LP btw and I think its amazing, but I do hear alot of people say its a hit or miss so I would try the guitar first.
Quote by DavidBenyamin
You wont need to change the pickups, the difference between the high end gibson and the studio is cosmectic, you dont have binding etc. The sound/electronics are exaclty the same. I own s tudio LP btw and I think its amazing, but I do hear alot of people say its a hit or miss so I would try the guitar first.

i will be trying out this guitar as soon as i can, but with exams and all its hard atm. i'm kinda surprised that its basically the same as the high end ones, apart from finish. It is brand new so i am tempted by it
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by DavidBenyamin

actually, only the pickups are the same. the studios are made of lower grade wood than what they use in the standards, so the quality of the les paul standards is quite a bit better than the studios.

But that doesn't mean the studios aren't good though, and they sure aren't bad for the money if you can find yourself one that suits you nicely. The studio fadeds are actually different to the standard in a few ways anyway (such as the mahogany carved top instead of maple), and though they aren't as good quality, i like them better, they have a smoother, "woodier" sound, and i just like the feel of the bare mahogany for the neck a lot better. Definitely try the guitar first, but if you like it enough you'll probably pay any price for it
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
not having the maple cap is the biggest difference with the worn cherry guitars. some play real nice, others not so much so try it.

i personally love the neck feel those guitars have.
PM Mr Flibble. He can probably tell you if that's a decent price for one and whether or not he'd recommend buying one.
Moving on.....