I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
I can help I just got this amp Thursday Randall RT 503.

Okay I sold my Peavey 6505+ 1x12 to get this amp. There was nothing wrong with the 6505 other then it sux at low vol. you really got to crank it to get a good metal sound.

RT 503 clean sound well if you like a good clean for jazz, blues or country then you will love this amp.

RT 503 OD-1 well think 1980 - 2000 rock / metal tone and sound.

RT 503 OD-2 any metal tone and sound you want

RT 503 EQ is very easy to use and works very well and is easy to dail in your tone or sound.

What I love most about this amp is it sounds great at low vol. and at high vol. and hi gain OD-2 is just insane.

Is the 6505+ 1x12 louder yes I think it is but with the one I had you had to crank it to 4 just to start to get a metal tone but then it would seem to get thin and like you had the treble on 10 and the bass at 3.

RT 503 is loud and is very clear sounding in any of the chl. clean,OD-1,OD-2.

Youtube demo or sound clips does not even show the true sound and tone you can get from the RT 503 you have to play it your self and you will see what I mean.

Over all I love this amp more then I did my 6505+ 1x12 . RT 503 sounds super the EQ works tons better then the 6505+.

Sorry for no sound clips I tried with my cell phone but it did not come out to good.
Quote by leesops
I can help I just got this amp Thursday Randall RT 503.

Okay I sold my Peavey 6505+ 1x12 to get this amp. There was nothing wrong with the 6505 other then it sux at low vol. you really got to crank it to get a good metal sound.

RT 503 clean sound well if you like a good clean for jazz, blues or country then you will love this amp.

RT 503 OD-1 well think 1980 - 2000 rock / metal tone and sound.

RT 503 OD-2 any metal tone and sound you want

RT 503 EQ is very easy to use and works very well and is easy to dail in your tone or sound.

What I love most about this amp is it sounds great at low vol. and at high vol. and hi gain OD-2 is just insane.

Is the 6505+ 1x12 louder yes I think it is but with the one I had you had to crank it to 4 just to start to get a metal tone but then it would seem to get thin and like you had the treble on 10 and the bass at 3.

RT 503 is loud and is very clear sounding in any of the chl. clean,OD-1,OD-2.

Youtube demo or sound clips does not even show the true sound and tone you can get from the RT 503 you have to play it your self and you will see what I mean.

Over all I love this amp more then I did my 6505+ 1x12 . RT 503 sounds super the EQ works tons better then the 6505+.

Sorry for no sound clips I tried with my cell phone but it did not come out to good.

I see so I guess in respects it has qualities that my Bugera does not. It definetely sounds KILLER. I'm just curious as to how good the cleans are and how versatile it really is. I was thinking of the RT100 model if I were to really like this which would run me around 1000$ for the head only. What does the Randall do in specific better than your previous Peavey or maybe my current Bugera?
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
bump
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
TheBodomBullet

The RT 503 sounds better at lower vol. I live in apartment so in order to get a good sound I would have to crank the 6505+ . not a good thing for me very thin walls here.

And the Clean chl. is tons better then the 6505+ I normally do not play the clean chl. that much.

So to answer your reply there really not that much they are both great amps.

The RT 503 does every thing the 6505+ 1x12 can do but IMHO it sounds better and like I already said it sounds great at low vol. and more versatile if you also wanted to play blues, jazz, etc. and not just metal all the time.

I guess it comes down to what you like to play,

6505 1x12 = just metal maybe some hard rock.
RT 503 rock, hard rock,metal, blues, jazz etc.
awesome to hear that someone actually has the new randall rt, i was wondering about it for awhile now as well. good to hear you're happy with it :-)
Quote by leesops
TheBodomBullet

The RT 503 sounds better at lower vol. I live in apartment so in order to get a good sound I would have to crank the 6505+ . not a good thing for me very thin walls here.

And the Clean chl. is tons better then the 6505+ I normally do not play the clean chl. that much.

So to answer your reply there really not that much they are both great amps.

The RT 503 does every thing the 6505+ 1x12 can do but IMHO it sounds better and like I already said it sounds great at low vol. and more versatile if you also wanted to play blues, jazz, etc. and not just metal all the time.

I guess it comes down to what you like to play,

6505 1x12 = just metal maybe some hard rock.
RT 503 rock, hard rock,metal, blues, jazz etc.

I'd LOVE to try one of those suckers out!
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
One more question. Would I be better off getting an RM100 with the blackface, sl+, and ultra xl modules? It's between this or that atm.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
One more question. Would I be better off getting an RM100 with the blackface, sl+, and ultra xl modules? It's between this or that atm.

Depends on what you wanna pay.

I think that'd cost more than the RT's would, particularly to upgrade; however, it'll also sound better. You can arguably make your ultimate amp by getting three custom channels (Say, a Soldano channel, a Mesa Mark, and a bogner clean, if those were to suit your fancy). It'll cost more, but again, you really get what you put in here. The Rm100 is an incredible amp, and even more so with custom modules.
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Classic
Randall RM100 Combo w/ Plexi, JTM, Ultra, Recto, and Brown Modules
Quote by Phantom123
Depends on what you wanna pay.

I think that'd cost more than the RT's would, particularly to upgrade; however, it'll also sound better. You can arguably make your ultimate amp by getting three custom channels (Say, a Soldano channel, a Mesa Mark, and a bogner clean, if those were to suit your fancy). It'll cost more, but again, you really get what you put in here. The Rm100 is an incredible amp, and even more so with custom modules.

See I would say that in terms of price the RT100 is PERFECT. The only way I'd shell out more for an RM100 is if with the right modules it could completely outclass the RT. I still would like to do more research on how good the cleans are (I'm imagining something like Cynic's Textures) and if it can do old school metal tones ala Kill Em All and thrash tones ranging from Megadeth to Annihilator.

From what I'm hearing based off of what little I am it sounds like it can nail everything else I'm needing. I'm just not sure of the aforementioned factors.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
See I would say that in terms of price the RT100 is PERFECT. The only way I'd shell out more for an RM100 is if with the right modules it could completely outclass the RT. I still would like to do more research on how good the cleans are (I'm imagining something like Cynic's Textures) and if it can do old school metal tones ala Kill Em All and thrash tones ranging from Megadeth to Annihilator.

From what I'm hearing based off of what little I am it sounds like it can nail everything else I'm needing. I'm just not sure of the aforementioned factors.

The RM100 CAN do that. Again though, I like people to know that you'll get what you put in. If you pay for better modules, they'll be better. Think of each channel like a separate amp, in that you give what you buy a lot of thought; You're basically doing that, except it costs less because it's all in one amp. You can get pre-amps that have multiple channels on 'em, voicing changes, mid-changers, and basically anything you want when you go into the modding community. If you're interested in that, you can do anything.
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Gibson SG Classic
Quote by Phantom123
The RM100 CAN do that. Again though, I like people to know that you'll get what you put in. If you pay for better modules, they'll be better. Think of each channel like a separate amp, in that you give what you buy a lot of thought; You're basically doing that, except it costs less because it's all in one amp. You can get pre-amps that have multiple channels on 'em, voicing changes, mid-changers, and basically anything you want when you go into the modding community. If you're interested in that, you can do anything.

I see. Idk about the RM100 with all the modules that'd be a hefty price. Then there's the cab to worry about. Regardless that's good to know. I guess my next question is can the RT100 do that? Which one does it better (with all available modules in mind for the RM) and by how much?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
I see. Idk about the RM100 with all the modules that'd be a hefty price. Then there's the cab to worry about. Regardless that's good to know. I guess my next question is can the RT100 do that? Which one does it better (with all available modules in mind for the RM) and by how much?

The RM is a better amp. However, the RT is no slouch. It's a case of how much you need. If you need higher quality, go RM. If you can handle slightly less (for cheaper) go RT. Also, if you have an addictive personality, go RT, as some people tend to begin collecting modules like pedals, which is just silly and usually a waste.
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Gibson SG Classic
Looks like the RT50 combo might be what's replacing my current amp.
That NAMM clip sounded awesome, very tight tone on the gain channels.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by Phantom123
The RM is a better amp. However, the RT is no slouch. It's a case of how much you need. If you need higher quality, go RM. If you can handle slightly less (for cheaper) go RT. Also, if you have an addictive personality, go RT, as some people tend to begin collecting modules like pedals, which is just silly and usually a waste.

See. I'm one of those players that likes it simple. I have a disdain for pedals and really don't like things to complicated. I like to have everything ready to go so I can just EQ it to my favor. I realize the RM is probably superior but here are some vital questions I have.

From hearing it, the RT sounds perfect. I've heard it more and I really dig it. I'd love to have it. However we've already established the RM with the right modules has the potential to be superior. How much does the RM outclass the RT? What I'm thinking is that the RT is at the perfect price and sounds really really awesome. However I've heard the RM with my favorite modules (well they are now after hearing them lol) and they sound f'ing killer as well. If the RM is superior by leaps and bounds then I might as well save up for that right? Which leads me to my next question.

How much of a step up is the RT from my current Bugera 6262? I think it sounds better to my ears but I'm talking in terms of capability.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
ttt
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Well let me put it this way. What's the better bang for my buck?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Thanks for posting this, I am going to see if I can find this amp so I can try it out. The demo sounded great.

EDIT: Damn, I have to wait 2-4 weeks before they have it anywhere.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Last edited by TMF128 at Jun 5, 2010,
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Well let me put it this way. What's the better bang for my buck?

*resists making prostitute joke*

Well, the RM is more flexible and you can tailor it to sound just as you wish assuming you're willing to put down the money. The 100 watt head alone is $1100 plus modules are about $200 a shot.

The RT on the other hand, though not as flexible sounds great and will run you about half the price of the RM.

So do you think that the flexibility and sound of the RM is twice that of the RT?
Personally I don't think so. Unless I had the extra cash laying around, which as a poor college student I don't, I'd definitely go for the RT.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
*resists making prostitute joke*

Well, the RM is more flexible and you can tailor it to sound just as you wish assuming you're willing to put down the money. The 100 watt head alone is $1100 plus modules are about $200 a shot.

The RT on the other hand, though not as flexible sounds great and will run you about half the price of the RM.

So do you think that the flexibility and sound of the RM is twice that of the RT?
Personally I don't think so. Unless I had the extra cash laying around, which as a poor college student I don't, I'd definitely go for the RT.

That's assuming you get a god-awful deal, though. I got my RM100 combo (so, no need to pay for speakers) + 5 modules for 1100. I dunno where YOU'RE buying, but on the MTS forums, you might find a head for 6-800 dollars, and modules around 130$.
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Gibson SG Classic
I have the RT100 and it's awesome. It's very versitile, the clean is bold and bright, you get a really good idea of both the clean channel with gain and OD1 from the NAMM youtube demo (can do any 80s 90s rock/metal, plus I think the guy who voiced this is a HUGE early Metallica fan)the demo doesn't even come close to showing the brutal depth of OD2; it's a beast. I love barking/growly tones but there are some instances where I need to sweep the mids and ad a little sparkle to the high end so I use an MXR 10 band EQ in the loop (highly recommend this eq)

*note...I'm using a MESA/Boogie 4x12 cab (Vintage 30s) which makes a huge difference. it WILL sound different with another cab/speaker type (IMO, V30s crush G12s & Greenbacks)

Check out this new/better TTK demo (BTW, I should have my own "mic'd" demo out soon, I'll post here later)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UqekWbHOCQ