I'm looking at them and I heard they use warmoth parts but they will of course be cheaper for me (I'm from the UK meaning less import duties etc)

I have a budget of around £850 anyone think that would cover a good custom...

Also any good distortion pedals anyone knows of for £100-£150 (that will give a good range of distortion i.e. light to fairly heavy).. Please don't let that question distract you entirely from the thread..

Thanks guys.

HELLO!

£850 is the kind of cost a custom from warmoth was going to cost me... Maybe I could push to 900 or 950 but it was within that range.

HELLO!

Assuming that £900 is around 1700-1800 USD, i would say you need to stretch another £400-500 for a good custom, you can get a decent custom maybe for £900

Can i suggest Carvin? They have affordable customs, its not 100% Customizable but its worth a look
Quote by KillerLolrus

Can i suggest Carvin? They have affordable customs
Not for the UK they don't. They just put their prices up for the UK to over double - plus you've got import duties and VAT to pay on top of that.

OP, it won't be any cheaper to have a guitar made using Warmoth parts from TC Ellis than it will be to import the parts and make it yourself. Yes, our import duty sucks, but from what I recall when I got in touch with them (which was, granted, eight months ago), the final price on a TC Ellis custom job ends up being the same as Warmoth parts + importing anyway. If you actually really know what it is you want, building the Warmoth yourself could be a better option.

That said - why do people make threads like this asking how much a guitar from [X] will be? Just e-mail them, they'll tell you themselves.

As far as distortion pedals go, I'd really recommend the Digitech HardWire pedals; the overdrive if you want to add to your amp's distortion and the Valve Distortion or Metal Distortion if you want to keep your amp clean and replace its distortion with the pedal entirely. The overdrive one has good range but of course really that depends on your amp. The valve distortion can go from the lightest '60s bluesy crunch right up to standard metal tones. The metal distortion can do standard rock tones up to the most pointlessly distorted metal tones you could ever think of. They all have a couple of different voicings, more extensive EQ controls than other pedals, they all feature true bypass so they don't mess with your tone when they are turned off and most importantly they are built better than any other stompbox on the market.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
i live in canada, sorry if my knowledge of the UK's Guitar prices are incorrect XD MrFlibble knows more about this then me, stop listening to me now
Quote by MrFlibble
That said - why do people make threads like this asking how much a guitar from [X] will be? Just e-mail them, they'll tell you themselves.

As far as distortion pedals go, I'd really recommend the Digitech HardWire pedals; the overdrive if you want to add to your amp's distortion and the Valve Distortion or Metal Distortion if you want to keep your amp clean and replace its distortion with the pedal entirely.

I emailed them and got no reply so thats why I wanted to ask.. it was a bit unprofessional of them I know..

also I'm getting a bugera v5 so no amp distortion on it which is why I'm looking for the pedal.

HELLO!