Page 1 of 2
I really don't have much to sit on when playing guitar so I was looking for something like a guitar stool like so:

Unfortunately that costs £70!!!! Just because it says Fender on it. Anyone know where I can get a bar stool like that (either 24" or 30" I don't mind) without that hefty price tag?
I was about six there. You don't want to see me go to ten. Get your shit. We're going to my room.
I've been standing ever since I got an electric guitar, I only sit when I play acoustic or when I'm noodling at my computer, basically if I'm over dubbing something, But if I get irritated doing that I standup and overdub..

That's just a personal choice, Because if you can play/learn standing up, You can play/learn sitting down, But if you sit down and practice all your life, You'll find it weird to stand up and play.

..Not to mention have the guitar glued to your chin.
Quote by bemiswins
if someone flames you on the internet for music you like, they fail.

Here's my YouTube if anyone wants to see some of my videos.
I sit on a chair or a bed, and I think you should just get a comfortable barstool intead of that ;D
Quote by metacarpi
I get called a slut all the time, and I'm a dude.

I stand up pretty much 90% of the time. And I know that if I was sitting on a stool like that I would struggle alot with keeping my back straight, so I would be really careful with such a choice.
^Thanks.

I'm restricted with room so something like a chair with a back would take up too much room :/ and standing is good but I can't stand for 4 hours straight lol
I was about six there. You don't want to see me go to ten. Get your shit. We're going to my room.
I either stand (mostly stand) or sit wherever I can.

Really, it's that simple.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
keep an eye out for yard sales. You can pick up a barstool for less than $10, I bet.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Depends, I usually just sit in my computer chair, or lay on the bed propped up while playing. Anything I can play, I can do standing, but not the other way around.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Quote by stratman_13
I either stand (mostly stand) or sit wherever I can.

Really, it's that simple.

Not if you have a broken leg.

Oh and the problem with a bed, I have a memory foam mattress (LOL) and so sitting it for a prolonged amount of time can disfigure the shape.
Last edited by livnew at Jun 2, 2010,
My computer chair has removable arms, so I sit on that with the right arm removed. It's like that permanently, you get used to it.
have you tried furnishing stores?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
cheap metal folding chair or a swivel computer chair without the back rest
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
steal 3 milk crates and stack them done
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Quote by WtrPlyr
My ass.

Shit, beat me to it.

Quote by Dave_Mc
have you tried furnishing stores?

This.

I mean, this is a serious question I figure. But it ain't rocket science. Really.
Quote by WtrPlyr
My ass.

ya beat me.

i once picked up wooden bar stools for $12.00 at walmart or kmart. can't remember which.
i should probably get a stool like that. Just cheaper

EDIT: hmmm i wonder if tokai does an MIJ copy...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Electric - Stand.
Acoustic - Sit on the edge of whatever chair is available.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
i disagree. i prefer tokai seats to the fender ones, they're cheaper too. you're only paying for the name with fender seats.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
there was a seat a while back which was invented for guitar, it had like one arm. i think it was pretty expensive, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by forsaknazrael
I wish there were a perfect guitar chair. I'd love to be able to lean back, but armrests always get in the way of my guitar.

Ya the worst is a futon... You might as well just sit on a fence.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
why sit when you can effin lounge

ya that's right. the guitar lounge chair.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by Dave_Mc
i disagree. i prefer tokai seats to the fender ones, they're cheaper too. you're only paying for the name with fender seats.

Bullcrap, Hendrix sat on a Fender seat and so does Clapton to this day. Everybody knows vintage Fender seats are the real thing and the reissues are what comes closest. I mean not everyone wants to shell out ten grand for a vintage tweed seat that Jimmy Page farted on.
The MIJ ones are made out of the wrong wood with the wrong cushion and the wrong covering. I guess you br00tlz guys wouldn't know the tonal difference between a proper seat and a plum pudding if you sat on it, but I actually care about my harmonics.
Quote by TheQuailman
Bullcrap, Hendrix sat on a Fender seat and so does Clapton to this day. Everybody knows vintage Fender seats are the real thing and the reissues are what comes closest. I mean not everyone wants to shell out ten grand for a vintage tweed seat that Jimmy Page farted on.
The MIJ ones are made out of the wrong wood with the wrong cushion and the wrong covering. I guess you br00tlz guys wouldn't know the tonal difference between a proper seat and a plum pudding if you sat on it, but I actually care about my harmonics.

Hendrix sat on a fender seat but it was a different time, fender have gone downhill, you're basically paying for a name and not the sweet tonal glory of the old seats! Had hendrix lived to the 80s anyway he'd have done what SRV did and gone with a dumble to preserve his fragile harmonics.

I think it's fair to say this man knows a lot about sitting down.
That's actually a stool levitating on a bed of pure crystal lettuce.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
^^ ah, dumble.

Quote by AcousticMirror
why sit when you can effin lounge

ya that's right. the guitar lounge chair.

added bonus is you look like you're on the sex offenders' register

Quote by TheQuailman

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Zoot Allures
Hendrix sat on a fender seat but it was a different time, fender have gone downhill, you're basically paying for a name and not the sweet tonal glory of the old seats! Had hendrix lived to the 80s anyway he'd have done what SRV did and gone with a dumble to preserve his fragile harmonics.

I think it's fair to say this man knows a lot about sitting down.

You get this:

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
This thread just took a turn for the hiliarious.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by Benguitar2
That's just a personal choice, Because if you can play/learn standing up, You can play/learn sitting down, But if you sit down and practice all your life, You'll find it weird to stand up and play.

Completely agree. I learned sitting, and then when I stood it threw me off. So now I only play my electric standing. It works to go from standing to sitting, but not back for some reason.
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
I sit on a padded keyboard bench, that can fold up.

really keeps the blood in my ass, as practicing for 4-5 hours striaght while sitting on a regualr chair make my ass numb.

40.00 US dollars
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Step 1: Find comfortable chair

Step 2: sit in it

If I where you, I would bring your setup to a furniture store and see if you cant sit in their chairs and play guitar for hours. Blood in your ass is a good thing.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
A moon chair from Wal Mart.

No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Last edited by STABxYOU at Jun 2, 2010,
Page 1 of 2