http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tBUIUPCFjA

I had done a cover of this before even tho i still haven't learnt the rest i wanted to redo the cover with better qaulity, I'm still off in a few places near the end but better than my last attempt, I also wanted to try out my other recording method and do a standing up version

Any thoughts?
you're rushing slightly. you really need to lock in your tempo to do a successful cover, especially when the studio version is playing along with you
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it. ~Henry David Thoreau
Quote by leather barrel
you're rushing slightly. you really need to lock in your tempo to do a successful cover, especially when the studio version is playing along with you

Yeah, This is my main downfall atm, just mostly trying to stay at a tempo as you can see i sorta try bob around but I've always had issues with timing and it's something i'm always trying to work on now on just playing along with different things and different bands / timings.

The other thing is, I sorta stand there like a robot :P

Also just need to learn the rest of the song, or at least the fast bit leading up to the solo, Oh well I've only been playing a year and a month or so. So the way i see it, In another year I can look back at this video and be like lOLOLOL I sucked, which is a great feeling to see how far you have progressed.
Last edited by BoL7z at Jun 2, 2010,
Yeah, there are some timing issues, and those fills in the pre-chorus are a little off. For only playing around a year, its very good. You just have to learn to relax a bit and not be a "robot". For a cube, the tone was pretty good. What is wrong with your Bugera?

Note: I actually just watched your first cover of this song yesterday, and when I saw this thread on the front page, I wondered if it was the same guy. I guess I was right haha.
Life Sucks, And Then You Die

So make the very best of it

My Last.fm Profile

Please check out my Youtube, and friend me if you like it. I do C4C, and I gladly will crit anything if you ask me.

I <3 My Xiphos
Quote by Mudhippy2011
Yeah, there are some timing issues, and those fills in the pre-chorus are a little off. For only playing around a year, its very good. You just have to learn to relax a bit and not be a "robot". For a cube, the tone was pretty good. What is wrong with your Bugera?

Note: I actually just watched your first cover of this song yesterday, and when I saw this thread on the front page, I wondered if it was the same guy. I guess I was right haha.

Yeah the issue with the Fills is the way i time things i think, I sorta count 1,2,3,4 1,2,3,4 with the 0000000 part and then in the fill part there's more than 8 notes so i get confused, i think i need to count 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2, but i don't actually count in my head i sorta hear a thud and that trigers a 1 in my head it's hard to explain really but that's how i keep track i just gotta practice with that sorta timing a bit more i guess

And my bugera had some bad tubes or something
Hi,
it's pretty good from the biginning to 1:25; After that, you're too fast. What I did when learning this song was just trying to count the muted 0. (I've never manage to tap my foot while playing, so anyone has his favorite method).
Also, you should use more often your pinky, especially for the power chords. It's easier, and it heps you relaxing your hand.

Otherwise, for a year of playing guitar, it's quite good ! Keep on playing.

C4C ? (Seek & Destroy too)
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1297324
Yeah not really keen on using my pinky for power chords mostly because i use my pinky to mute the lower strings slightly, and i find using my pinky kinda weird