Hey guys, check out our comedipop band Sponsored By Poverty. We come from Baltimore, Maryland and play a bunch of comedy clubs/open mics in the area. Check us out, and maybe you'll like it. Our goal is to create really catchy comedy songs that appreciated not only for the comedic lyrics, but for the fun melodies.

www.myspace.com/sbpmd

Check it out, let me know what you think!

Edit: We've now finished our first full length album, and you can download it for free right here!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CYQY9X4V
Last edited by Brandinian at Jul 26, 2010,
You guys are awesome. Reminds me of other acoustic comedy people (Steven Lynch, Flight Of The Conchords), but you have a much more country-ish vibe, which is funny. Musically, its very catchy and well written. Lyrically, Gaycula made me need to pee with an intensity never before witnessed by man or camel.

Check out my comedy band? Pit O' Bodies
We have a slightly different, more satyrical/random style of humor, and a VEERRRYY different style of music, but I think you could appreciate it. We play "Avant Garde" or "Experimental" metal, but really what we do is write heavy songs in specific styles to mock specific things.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Quote by pitobodies
You guys are awesome. Reminds me of other acoustic comedy people (Steven Lynch, Flight Of The Conchords), but you have a much more country-ish vibe, which is funny. Musically, its very catchy and well written. Lyrically, Gaycula made me need to pee with an intensity never before witnessed by man or camel.

Check out my comedy band? Pit O' Bodies
We have a slightly different, more satyrical/random style of humor, and a VEERRRYY different style of music, but I think you could appreciate it. We play "Avant Garde" or "Experimental" metal, but really what we do is write heavy songs in specific styles to mock specific things.

Thanks for the compliments! Really appreciate it, and thanks for the comparisons to the other bands, they are huge inspirations. I've seen both Lynch and The Conchords in concert, and I hope to God I can do that one day.

Listening to your stuff right now- While the music isn't something that I would normally listen to, I did get some good laughs at it. Particularly during the "I want to dieeee" I bust out laughing when I first heard that. I'm not a fan of screamo/metal at all, but I totally see what you guys are trying to do. Your music reminds me of a polar bear on a really bad acid trip being ridden by a grungy looking viking. I don't know why, but that's the image I got in my mind while listening. It's certainly strange, but it totally stands out, and that's what you want. I won't lie and say that your music isn't some of the weirdest stuff that I've ever heard, and I did have some laughs. Keep rockin' guys. I dig the viking horns too.