I'm the only guitarist in my band and we are performing the song Beautiful Disaster by 311 at an upcoming gig. In the beginning of the song there are two guitars playing a harmony kinda thing. I have a guitar foot pedal (Boss-ME50) that has a harmony effect but I need some help with it.

First I need to know what key the song is in. How do I find that?

Secondly I need to know the interval, the pedal can do thirds, fourths, fifths, sixths and octaves. Can anyone help me with this?
I enjoy Music

Off the top of my head, the song is in B minor (or maybe D major).

The problem with the harmony is it's not a parallel harmony (in other words your pedal won't cut it). I think it's mostly diatonic thirds, so it will be both major and minor thirds (instead of solely one or the other).
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Thanks, so do you think it's possible to play both parts at once? I haven't tried yet.
I enjoy Music

Quote by food1010
Off the top of my head, the song is in B minor (or maybe D major).

The problem with the harmony is it's not a parallel harmony (in other words your pedal won't cut it). I think it's mostly diatonic thirds, so it will be both major and minor thirds (instead of solely one or the other).

The only harmony pedal I've ever used had it do Diatonic 3rds. You picked a key and it played the diatonic 3rd you picked.

Maybe TS' is like this? I doubt anyone would make a harmony pedal that isn't diatonic... that just seems silly to me.