Check to make sure that you have the input set to "microphone" or something along those lines.

Also, get Reaper.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by smartalec007
Check to make sure that you have the input set to "microphone" or something along those lines.

Also, get Reaper.

I actually prefer audacity. It's so simple, and reaper seems to have a slight latency for me, which i can't seem to budge.
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
maybe the recording sample rate is set higher than your sound card can handle?

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Quote by smartalec007
Also, get Reaper.

that
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by myevilside
I actually prefer audacity. It's so simple, and reaper seems to have a slight latency for me, which i can't seem to budge.

Audacity would always crash on me. It would happen so often that couldn't ever save anything.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by genghisgandhi
Ok, how do I use Reaper? It keeps saying "Can't Record - No track armed for recording"

There should be a little dim red/pinkish button on the track that you're using. Push it, and if it turns red, its armed.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
I think your comp settings are messed up dude. You might not have routed the track properly in Reaper though. The track's mixer bar (not on the big mixer, on the side) should double as a drop-down menu. There you can select the input source and output destination, then arm it and turn on Monitoring and see where that gets you.

If nowhere, and Audacity wasn't working either, either update your audio drivers or buy a real soundcard.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by smartalec007

Also, get Reaper.

**** reaper, I have it (fullpaidforversion), and I hate it. I much prefer audacity over it.
I can also record guitar in FL and some line 6 program I have, and I still chose audacity over those.

Make sure that port on your computer is set for mic, also try the line in port, w/e that maybe, and i'm sure you know to go to edit and preferences to change your recording setup in audacity.
Last edited by stratkat at Jun 2, 2010,
Quote by stratkat
**** reaper, I have it (fullpaidforversion), and I hate it. I much prefer audacity over it.

You do realize there's no difference between the trial and the fullpaidforversion?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by shinhoman
maybe the recording sample rate is set higher than your sound card can handle?

x

A sample great >0 would be to0 big for my soundcard to handle, so yeh, it's probably that. I really need a new one.
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
The benefits of reaper over audacity

- Midi support
- VST/JS/... effect support
- Bars/beats (reaaaaaly helpful)
i had this problem a while ago.

go into your microphone settings in control panel and mess about with audacity closed, then re-open it.

can't remember exactly what i did (was a while ago!) but its worked since then...

jus fiddle it a bit man.
Quote by GisleAune

- Midi support

Not to hijack the thread, but what free VST do you guys recommend? I just switched to Reaper from Audacity yesterday because of the VST support, but the one I'm using (Kuassa Amplifikation One) is only mediocre. Anything better out there?
Quote by iro-bot31
Not to hijack the thread, but what free VST do you guys recommend? I just switched to Reaper from Audacity yesterday because of the VST support, but the one I'm using (Kuassa Amplifikation One) is only mediocre. Anything better out there?

Go ask us in the Electronic Label Thread. We've even got a download pak floating around Mediafire somewhere. For general information, I know we (or I) will rec these:

Superwave P8
Itchy Wonkey (which isn't easy to find)
Trancedrive
DR-Fusion 2 (okay, not great drum synth)
Daedalus
EX-096
Chimera
DSK OranZe
Dsk ChoirZ (I this one)
Synth1
killerGATE
Blockfish

Oh, and make sure to tell us what you're wanting from your VST when you ask

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by GisleAune

- Midi support

FL does all those and better, and all the js sounds are crap, i have gearbox

also for vsts i recommend
Daedalus
SuperSaw
Vanguard
Nexus