Hey guys i have a fulltone fulldrive 2 mosfet and its not a high gain , as u all know .
I dont have a good tube amp also for gigging so for high gain sounds i need another box next to my fulldrive .
So should i get a good distortion or a Booster ? ( although it already has a boost section )
Thanks !
Quote by futurehope
Hey guys i have a fulltone fulldrive 2 mosfet and its not a high gain , as u all know .
I dont have a good tube amp also for gigging so for high gain sounds i need another box next to my fulldrive .
So should i get a good distortion or a Booster ? ( although it already has a boost section )
Thanks !

I'd go for a distortion. Then you can use the distortion for rhythm and kick in the boost for leads or just heavier stuff. I know my Proco Rat stacks really well with boosts, but I don't have experience with any other true distortion pedals.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
What exactly is the amp you're using?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by futurehope
well .. 2000$ - guitar - other pedals - stuff = something like .. 400$ maybe .

Err... Why not spend less on the guitar and other stuff then and just buy a nice tube amp? $100 more could get you a 5150 combo, hell you might even be able to get one with $400 if you look hard enough
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Err... Why not spend less on the guitar and other stuff then and just buy a nice tube amp? $100 more could get you a 5150 combo, hell you might even be able to get one with $400 if you look hard enough

that.
well im never giging with any own MY OWN amps , there is different amps every time where i am giging and the tone at my home is OK . So yeah ..
Quote by futurehope
well im never giging with any own MY OWN amps , there is different amps every time where i am giging and the tone at my home is OK . So yeah ..

So... you can't bring your own amp?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
its just pointless . But hey , i just need a good distortion pedal which would sound good with fulldrive . Thats all .
Quote by futurehope
its just pointless . But hey , i just need a good distortion pedal which would sound good with fulldrive . Thats all .

it depends on the amp to a large degree believe it or not.

if you give a rat's ass about your tone at gigs, get an amp that sounds good and bring it.

for a "distortion" pedal, try the gt500, jekyl and hyde, ocd, mt2...
Quote by gregs1020
if you give a rat's ass about your tone at gigs, get an amp that sounds good and bring it.
I wouldn't be able to do it dude... Just use whatever spare amp is available? I would, with my luck, get the Spider. Then I would spend the rest of the set trying to find a usable tone.

Dude... You gots 2 grand. Get yourself a decent amp.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by futurehope
well .. 2000$ - guitar - other pedals - stuff = something like .. 400$ maybe .

Since your budget is so high... Wampler Triple Wreck...