No, I'm still debating whether or not to quit
28 9%
No, I have no intentions of quitting
186 63%
I don't use Facebook
73 25%
Voters: 297.
Page 1 of 2
So, as I guess at least a few of you know, there is a movement to quit Facebook en masse due to changes and the privacy issues.

I personally didn't really care until I found out that Facebook is selling the personal information of users to advertising companies and such. I deleted my page today because of that.

So, Pit, what are your thoughts on the whole matter? Did you quit Facebook yourself?
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
How much of that is BS? It's just a site anyways, why do a big fuss because you're quitting?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Google does the same thing on a bigger scale. I don't see everyone abandoning it.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
If you mean their selling your information for the ads on the side that are like "Like Weezer? Listen to ______! Click here!" then I in no way see that as a reason to quit facebook. If not, then I don't know what you're talking about, and probably still don't see it as a big enough deal for me to stop using facebook.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by RockGuitar92
Google does the same thing on a bigger scale. I don't see everyone abandoning it.

Pretty much this.
ಠ_ಠ
I'm already addicted to UG. I don't think I would be outside at all if I was addicted to Facebook too. Don't use it.
Quote by RockGuitar92

That's exactly what I was going to say when I read the OP.
Don't put stuff on the internet that you don't want out in the public? And edit your privacy settings?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Yeah, because quitting will get rid of those databases full of information on you...

They own all of that stuff. If you agreed to it, it's theirs. Not much you can do about it.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Quote by WhiteStripesIII
I never caved to the pressure of getting Facebook

Pressure? What are you talking about? I'm pretty sure everyone got one to talk to their friends and family. I don't get the whole anti-social networking thing.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Well you see if quit facebook, I will have nothing to do during the allotted five minutes that I use it. More pit time perhaps.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by RockGuitar92
Pressure? What are you talking about? I'm pretty sure everyone got one to talk to their friends and family. I don't get the whole anti-social networking thing.

Ach it's just me. I'm in a circle of friends where I'm constantly getting told to get it but tbh social networking is just not my thing.
Quote by WhiteStripesIII
Ach it's just me. I'm in a circle of friends where I'm constantly getting told to get it but tbh social networking is just not my thing.

Ah.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Quote by RockGuitar92

I'm one of those ant-facebook people too, and i don't really get why.

It just makes me feel hostile for some reason...

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by element4433
Don't put stuff on the internet that you don't want out in the public? And edit your privacy settings?

Pretty much this.

If you don't want people at your shit, don't post it
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
I'm one of those ant-facebook people too, and i don't really get why.

It just makes me feel hostile for some reason...

I'm like that with Lady Gaga. It's weird. The mentioning of her makes me enraged.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Quote by blue_strat
Is there a group for it?

Actually there is. lol
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Source?

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
I don't use facebook. I have one just so people can contact me in case they don't have my email but I don't post anything there
Facebook doesn't sell your information to ad agencies or companies that want to advertise on Facebook, it gets given the adverts and told to show it to people whose profiles say whatever and then they serve up the ads. So the basic premise here is wrong.
At any rate, deleting your page does nothing. They still keep all your data. Come back months later and you can log in and all your stuff and photos will still be there.
no intention of quitting. I'm a bit irked, but its not exactly like I've put any personal info other than a spam-vacuum hotmail account as personal info. My friends have my MSN and phone number if they need to contact me.
Quote by RockGuitar92

Quote by element4433
Don't put stuff on the internet that you don't want out in the public?

I couldn't have put it better.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Last edited by BlackLuster at Jun 2, 2010,
what the hell is the OP on about???

If he is on about the ads then surely every site and google do all that a lot more???

This is the first i have heard about it. i havent had any friends mention anything or quit facebook etc etc
Quote by rabidguitarist
Nothing gay about playing with another mans dick. I bet all of you play with your own.

he just owned everybody

Gary(L)Kirsty-Lea<3

RIP Ronnie James Dio. You will be deeply missed. You truely are a hero and a pioneer in metal
Quote by element4433

This. I don't have my real name stored on any of my personal profiles on teh internetz. Used to have myspace and bebo....

(wait...nostalgia moment...)

....and never posted my name or location etc.
MSN, UG, Facebook and various other random sites I may have subscribed to.
Due in part to the fact it allows easy aviodance from people I dislike cyberstalking me. But partly because nowhere on a massive webspace is going to hold your details safe.
never used facebook. never plan to.

absolutely retarded site. i have no idea why so many people are so dedicated to this sh*t.
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
I couldn't live without facebook. I've left school so it's my only way of keeping track of, talking to, and organising outings with friends. Especially my best friend, we have epic arguments.
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
Quote by lespaul1216
never used facebook. never plan to.

absolutely retarded site. i have no idea why so many people are so dedicated to this sh*t.

You know what's funny? Admitting you hate facebook is like admitting you have no friends.

"really don't see why anyone would want to talk to oth- .......Oh "

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I'm already addicted to UG. I don't think I would be outside at all if I was addicted to Facebook too. Don't use it.

Facebook really isn't that addictive. At worst you might spend half an hour here and there looking through your crush's pictures, maybe having a little fap, but otherwise its rather dull.

My alternative to deleting my account is I just don't fill out the profile fields. And I'm thinking of changing name to something a little lulzy/witty/cool sounding.
MATTERHORN
Quote by Jiggzy.UK

You know what's funny? Admitting you hate facebook is like admitting you have no friends.

"really don't see why anyone would want to talk to oth- .......Oh "

because god knows you can't speak to people in real life

EDIT: and as for not speaking to someone in person, I do own a cell phone
Quote by asator

Quote by lespaul1216
because god knows you can't speak to people in real life

I don't always have my friends on my person.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
I don't always have my friends on my person.

read the edit in that post.
Quote by asator

Page 1 of 2