i have started the savings process for a new metal amp. i know some metal amps and i wanted to know what you guys think of the Bugera 333xl? i know its cheap which is why i am interested. from what ive heard on youtube it can get pretty heavy which i like but on youtube and in person are pretty different. i was wondering what you guys think about it and if its worth it
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
I bought one about a year ago and its a beast!

Great cleans, and good distortion. Great for the price imo, I really need to crank it to find the sweat spot, but this is hard seen has it is incredibly loud.

Sounds pretty good at lower volumes aswell.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Great amp if you're looking for a high gain tube amp on a budget.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Great amp PERIOD. I've heard it A-B'd with a JSX and I actually prefer the Bugera. Ditto for the 6262 vs. 6505+ and Soldano SLO.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by FrustratedRocka
Great amp PERIOD. I've heard it A-B'd with a JSX and I actually prefer the Bugera. Ditto for the 6262 vs. 6505+ and Soldano SLO.

Really? Nice to here as people rarley bother A/Bing anymore to find which ones better. Bugera have recently really tickled my pickle. In a manly straight way.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by AcousticMirror
you liked the bugera better then the soldano slo?

does not compute.

Subjectivity, look it up.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by AcousticMirror
you liked the bugera better then the soldano slo?

does not compute.

Clicky and prepare to have your mind blown.

EDIT: Actually, turns out that the Soldano is a hot rod 50 not an SLO.
Quote by dr_shred

Quote by littlephil

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Last edited by FrustratedRocka at Jun 2, 2010,
still does not compute. there's subjective and then there's does not compute.
that's like me saying i like apples and you saying you like oranges.
but then you saying you like oranges over a week of guilt free sex.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror

I've played both. I prefer the Bugera. Not by much, but I just feel like it has more balls.
Quote by dr_shred

Quote by littlephil

Quote by Banjocal

I played the 333xl, 6260, and 6262, with MY guitar, and MY cab.
The 333xl seemed a bit bright for MY taste (6L6GC might help)
Both 626x amps seemed to have a little more gain. the 6262 had much better cleans than the 6260, but the 333xl stomps 'em both there.

While not A/Bing them, I've also played the JSX and I like the 333xl better, and the 626x beats the 6505/+, much better bottom end.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Quote by AcousticMirror

No, it's nothing like that, sorry.
Ridiculous analogies are easy to make and this one is clearly false. I'll have a go myself:

It's a bit like person A saying he prefers Red Delicious apples and delusional person B saying person A is a ****ing retard for thinking a Red Delicious could ever dream to touch the deliciousness of the more expensive and more robust Granny Smiths, even though price and robustness do not necessarily mean better taste.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

oh vat do i care. if you like it better then you've vound the land ov happiness.
i'm gonna sit here and wait for my soldano to arrive.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
soo what im getting is that the 333xl is the better one? would it get a good metal sound? anything comparable to a Dual Rectifier?
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
Actually, a guy called Dingle1 has a video where he AB's a 333xl with a Dual Rec Road King. I don't particularly feel like getting the link right now but it's on youtube somewhere.
Quote by dr_shred

Quote by littlephil

Quote by Banjocal

The 333XL is good for those on a budget. The possible reason why it sounds different in person and on youtube is that:

1) people on youtube may have had different settings
2) they had extra stompbox effects
3) they may have had theirs turned up loud enough that the tubes started doing their thing
4) audio on youtube is slightly compressed

Regarding the JSX thing, some people have told me they actually prefer the sound of the 333XL, because it has great cleans and sounds brighter.
You know what really doesn't compute?

Trying to use a TTK video to prove an argument. TTK can't speak, play, or EQ. He also, despite spending the money to get all this gear, can't be bothered to get any real recording equipment. Team up all this, pair it with YouTube audio quality, and you get a big fat 0.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by Arterial
4) audio on youtube is slightly compressed

That's a big fat lie. Audio on YouTube is compressed to hell and back.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by ch0

Trying to use a TTK video to prove an argument. TTK can't speak, play, or EQ. He also, despite spending the money to get all this gear, can't be bothered to get any real recording equipment. Team up all this, pair it with YouTube audio quality, and you get a big fat 0.

+ a million

oh and you forgot he only knows one riff.. that same annoying thing he keeps playing over and over again -_-'
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by ch0

the he doesnt tweek knobs so you can get the basic sound of the amp, settings of one persons likings are different to anothers, and he has real recording equipment now. and yes youtubes audio quality is the best but yeah

what about the 6262? is that any better than the 333xl? (distortion and heavyness)
6262 has moar gainzzzzz, but is less versitile in the amount of tones you can get. They both do cleans very well.

The crunch channel on the 333XL is a bit more usable. I'd say the 6262 is better for death metal, and the 333XL for a bit lighter metal and shreddy stuff. They both are great.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by Gundamnitpete
6262 has moar gainzzzzz, but is less versitile in the amount of tones you can get. They both do cleans very well.

The crunch channel on the 333XL is a bit more usable. I'd say the 6262 is better for death metal, and the 333XL for a bit lighter metal and shreddy stuff. They both are great.

hmm decisions decisions, see from what ive heard on youtube people play shit drop like G death metal crap i dont even know but the tone is heavy, but just the playing ruins it
Quote by Gundamnitpete

I pretty much agree with that

Quote by Gundamnitpete

I DISAGREE with the crunch channel comment. I am LOVING my crunch channel! AWESOME for punk stuff with the gain up around 8 (even some Metal) and downright bluesey with the gain down low (clean with gain around 8 is a sweet lightly overdriven tone)

BOTH can do Brutal (Sorry, I just can't stand the new wave spelling LOL) the 6262 has more gain, and more low end. The 333xl has a brighter sound. The 333xl has LOTS of gain, the 6262 just has a bit more.
PERSONALLY, I had my heart set on a 333xl, but when I got to hear it, it was too bright for MY tastes...maybe with some JJ 6L6GC tubes it might be better. Side by side for ME, the 6262 won. Also, having separate reverb controls for lead and clean/crunch is very useful for what I play( And the amp remembering to turn the reverb off on crunch and on for clean was an unexpected bonus...though it would just remember lead vs. clean without adjusting for crunch)

Both ARE awesome amps. MY cab is a bit brighter than most...for me, it had to be the 6262.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
That all sounds about right. The crunch channel on my 6262 works, but I found the 333XL to have a but moar gainzzzzz, so that's why I view it as a bit more usable, not saying the 6262's isn't.

I *may* be picking up a 333XL head in the next few weeks, just for teh lawls.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Quote by Carrot
+ a million

oh and you forgot he only knows one riff.. that same annoying thing he keeps playing over and over again -_-'

You actually heard him riff? I thought he only noodled.
Amp:
Bugera 333
Harley Benton G412A Vintage

Guitar:
Ibanez RG321MH w/ EMG 81 & 58

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
~ For all things Bugera
Quote by Gundamnitpete

I have to disagree a bit with you. I A/B the 6262 and the 333 in the guitar shop. Both had tremendous amount of gain. Both has enough gain to do ANY metal. But ofcourse the tone of them is different.

I found the 333 to be more chunky with a heavier bottom end, while the 6262 was more in the upper-mid territory.

Style of metal has no impact on the decision between these. Only tonal preference.
Amp:
Bugera 333

Guitar:

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
~ For all things Bugera
Well I don't mean to be a dick here man but difference styles of metal often use difference tones.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Quote by Gundamnitpete

I actually watched this while I was looking into getting this amp. Here's my VERY sloppy demo (I'm usually a lot better than this. Really.) http://www.youtube.com/user/razormusik#p/a/u/2/mwLHciY-PYI

EDIT: And another demo, better played and miked but still not up to what the amp actually sounds like or how well I can play. It does clean up a lot better than I make it sound, but I use a ridiculously high output bridge pickup and I had the guitar's volume maxed out when I recorded this. I've learned since then. EQ settings are listed in the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB4pb14bijc&feature=channel
Quote by dr_shred

Quote by littlephil

Quote by Banjocal

Last edited by FrustratedRocka at Jun 4, 2010,
Quote by FrustratedRocka
I actually watched this while I was looking into getting this amp. Here's my VERY sloppy demo (I'm usually a lot better than this. Really.) http://www.youtube.com/user/razormusik#p/a/u/2/mwLHciY-PYI

EDIT: And another demo, better played and miked but still not up to what the amp actually sounds like or how well I can play. It does clean up a lot better than I make it sound, but I use a ridiculously high output bridge pickup and I had the guitar's volume maxed out when I recorded this. I've learned since then. EQ settings are listed in the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB4pb14bijc&feature=channel

Haha, beleive it or not, I watches your demo of it aswell. Small world.

I've got a decent recording setup now, so my next video will be a little
better audio qaulity.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Quote by Gundamnitpete
Well I don't mean to be a dick here man but difference styles of metal often use difference tones.

I know, but saying that the 6262 does brutal metal better than a 333xl, that's misleading (imo). In my ears they are both as brutal as needed, but ofcourse with different tones.
Amp:
Bugera 333

Guitar:

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
~ For all things Bugera
I guess I meant from a tonal standpoint, not nessecarily a gain standpoint. In either case I stand by my opinion.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Quote by Gundamnitpete
I guess I meant from a tonal standpoint, not nessecarily a gain standpoint. In either case I stand by my opinion.

You and me both.

/edit: why does this post have a pot icon
Amp:
Bugera 333

Guitar:

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
~ For all things Bugera
Quote by Gundamnitpete

i didnt like that at all, to my ears, not trying to be a dick or anything but yeah. it sounded why too like thin and cheap sounding,

ive see these videos you guys posted and they are the combos, do they sound different than the head with a cab?
Quote by M_16A
i didnt like that at all, to my ears, not trying to be a dick or anything but yeah. it sounded why too like thin and cheap sounding

That's probably down to the microphone used
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by M_16A
i didnt like that at all, to my ears, not trying to be a dick or anything but yeah. it sounded why too like thin and cheap sounding,

ive see these videos you guys posted and they are the combos, do they sound different than the head with a cab?

a. Camera microphone

b. Those were my mic'd recoding settings, pretty much no bass and lots of highs

c. The entire follow the reaper album is very trebblely, so the backing track is trebbly aswell.

D. Emg hz's are pretty sharp sounding as it is.

I've got a Agile interceptor pro coming, which has emg 707's. I've now got an sm57 to record with, so I'll grab some clips and post'em. It'll be less trebbely.

That same setup is used in my profile, under "4th song recorded sm57". The other clips sound like ass, I used a crap mic and I'm no professional musician or record producer, lol.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps: