I recently acquired a RG2550E Prestige with an Edge Pro trem system and I'm not a trem user and I've decided that I could block the trem to save me some hassle. But I know nothing about floating trems or blocking them.

My reasoning for wanting to block the trem is so I can change tunings/strings a lot easier. Right now it's in D standard with 11's and that's how it was when I got it and I know it will be a total pain to change strings to a lighter gauge and tune up to E standard. Also so I can do bends without throwing my open strings out of tune.

Enough rambling... I want to know the fastest, easiest, cheapest way to block my edge pro trem. Any way to do it without screwing into the body or resoldering the ground wire? A step by step guide would be great but any pointers will do.

Thanks
check this link out. i'm getting one of these for my floyd guitar

http://www.floydupgrades.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=70&products_id=191

looks great, easily reversible, and not all that expensive
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I've seen the tremel-no and watched the video on how to install it. Just seemed like to much hassle. I've also seen that tremelo stopper and I'd rather not screw into my guitar.

I'll probably just stick with the wood blocks for now and see how that works out.

Anyone ever heard of the tremelo stopper that comes equipped on new edge pro guitars? Anyone know how that works. I can buy that for 8.00 just not sure how it works or if it works with my trem.
Last edited by CrackTheSkye at Jun 2, 2010,
I've got a Tremol-No in one of my Highway One Strats and it works great. It is very easy to install - less than five minutes.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I may go for a tremol-no. Just don't wanna desolder my ground wire and solder it back cause i don't have a soldering iron and I have never soldered a day in my life.
One of these came with my JEM 10th (I actually made a post a while back asking what it was ):

You just screw it into the block in back so no permanent modification, easy to install, and obviously sturdy.

But I have no idea what it's called or where to get one..
Last edited by van01010100 at Jun 2, 2010,
Quote by van01010100
One of these came with my JEM 10th (I actually made a post a while back asking what it was ):

You just screw it into the block in back so no permanent modification, easy to install, and obviously sturdy.

But I have no idea what it's called or where to get one..

That may be the trem stopper that I've heard about coming with newer model edge pro trems. Anyone confirm this? If so that looks like what I need and I think you can get them on IbanezRules