I recently joined a metal band in my area
and im trying to learn the songs they wrote, and the cover songs (Metallica, Megadeth, Machine Head, Pantera and Children of Bodom) that we are going to play. In total there is 13 songs, and have about 55-60ish days before the first show that were playing this summer, with shows pretty much every weekend, if not everyother weekend for quite awhile.

so, as of now trying to learn all these songs at once is quite a task.
i started about 10 days ago, putting in about 4-5 hours of practice a day, minus the days i have work. which is usually about 2-3 days of the week.
and i have about 5 songs at 70% tempo, the others i havnt got to, or only know about 30 seconds of them.

would it be better to practice
all the songs every day for like 30 minutes each, and one day of the week, just play through them.

or should i practice 4-5 songs a day (about an hour each) but i every other day?

any other suggestions?

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
I suppose this depends on how good you are at:

A) Learning
B) Remembering
C) Perfecting what you've learned

I wouldn't suggest more then 2-3 at a time, for about 5 hours a day. Focusing on the parts, the transitions and putting it all together can take up a lot of time and mental Hard Drive space

Especially considering some of those bands you listed, you should work hard on a narrow path. Metallica, for instance, is not the hardest stuff to play, but there are little things here in there, stops and changes and such that may require a lot of work.

Hope that helped.
Keep us updated on your progress!
One at a time.

Have your band help you learn one at a time as well, requesting that you practice that certain cover more than others until you have it down. Rinse, Wash, Repeat.
I generally do 2 at a time. I pick 1 relatively easy song and 1 relatively hard song. That way if you get frustrated with the hard song you switch to the easy song, and if you get bored with the easy song you switch to the hard song.
1 or 2 at a time
Perfect them , then move on , when you are done wit 13 .
start repeating the cycle and you'll find yourself better ..
I would do one at a time.

And you might wanna go back and make sure you remember the other songs you've learned, sometimes I find myself forgetting a song 2 days after I learned it.
Quote by SirMajorMusic
I would do one at a time.

And you might wanna go back and make sure you remember the other songs you've learned, sometimes I find myself forgetting a song 2 days after I learned it.

he's rite, i put song revision into my daily practice, sometime i forget songs, but thats because of other reasons............