Ok so im running my half stack head driectly into an M-audio fast track interface and trying to record with audacity, when i had xp it worked just fine but i upgraded to windows 7 last night and all the sudden it is not working. When i hit record it will only record and playback through one speaker. Iv been under the hardware setup and selected both recording under mono and stereo. When i record on mono i dont get anything at all and when through stereo it looks like this

i dont know what the hell its doing any thoughts? o also there is a stereo mono input monitor switch on the front of my interface. WHen on stereo my guitar only comes through one speaker and when on mono it comes through both so i have no idea what the **** thats about.
Ugg...

First off, drop Audacity and get Reaper

Second, drop the amp and record your amp with a VST amp sim in Reaper. I'm assuming you have some shitty half stack head that you probably shouldn't be running straight out

Third, make sure you have the newest drivers for your device.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Lol reaper isnt free when i download it its only a trial until i have to buy a liscense, i dont have a problem buying it but i dont have the money right now. Audacity worked fine for what i was doin because my interface is really difficult for me when it comes to recording. I use adobe audition to line up my guitar and drum tracks and do all of my editing after its all recorded but its like bam all the sudden audacity doesnt work. I will experiment with the VST and my half stack is outdated so yea lol. also i have the newest drivers i made sure of that first
^Reaper

Dont let the trial fool you. After the 30day trail reaper still remains fully fuctional, you just have to click the button that comes up saying "Still Evaluating." It is recommended you buy a license but you do not have to. Hence it still remains free. I highly recommend using it, as with audacity you will soon come to a point where it will not do what you want it to. Reaper is much more powerful of a program for audio recording and mixing.
My Music
-Leave a rating, comment with link will C4C-
alright i have obtained reaper, but im unsure how the Vst's work iv tried lookin at tutorials but they just confuse me a lil more
Ok check this i got the vst running and i can record however, When just strumming my guitar through reaper its at a really low volume with no effect at all. SO when i record im getting close to no sound at all still with no effects. But when i play back the recording it has all of the effects on the guitar....so how do i get it to sound like that while i am actually recording the track so i know what it is going to sound like?
Quote by Beanerofshred
Ok check this i got the vst running and i can record however, When just strumming my guitar through reaper its at a really low volume with no effect at all. SO when i record im getting close to no sound at all still with no effects. But when i play back the recording it has all of the effects on the guitar....so how do i get it to sound like that while i am actually recording the track so i know what it is going to sound like?

Never used Reaper, but I presume it's like most DAW's... do you have Input Monitoring (or the Reaper equivalent) on? If not, look for a button by the track's channel strip which let's you monitor the track while recording, as it should sound. Although most DAW's seem to do this automatically...
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
I found a record monitoring button which works, but the sound comes out of my output slightly after i strum the guitar so it really screws me up timing wise haha, anyway to adjust that?
Quote by Beanerofshred
I found a record monitoring button which works, but the sound comes out of my output slightly after i strum the guitar so it really screws me up timing wise haha, anyway to adjust that?

Yeah, that's a latency issues... most DAW's have an option to freeze tracks you don't need to hear while recording which may help, depending on what is causing your latency. You may also be able to set the program's buffer (in the preferences/settings for it) to a lower value to reduce the number of samples taken in before the audio is played back. This uses up more CPU power though, so may create other problems.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.