Page 1 of 2
I'm excited but know I'm going to nervous as hell. I've played in front of huge crowds before with orchestras, but with my two-man band only in bars and coffee shops. It's also outside and at 2pm, so I can't really drink to calm nerves down. Any suggestions?
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Drink Red Bull.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
If you get too nervous, do the picard maneveur.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
how many people you playin for?
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
I wouldn't suggest drinking redbull before you play, my hands always get really shakey when i drink any energy drink.

Have a beer or something instead, should calm your nerves.

i've heard of a drug that snooker/pool players take before they play to stop there nerves, anyone know what it is?
smoke some weed. seriously

*flameshield up*
Gonna make the mountains be my home....

"A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through"-Robert Hunter
Quote by xAbyssusx
i've heard of a drug that snooker/pool players take before they play to stop there nerves, anyone know what it is?

Yeah, heroin.
MATTERHORN
A lot of people turn up to those things. Hell, some travel across continents.

If you play badly you might ruin their entire day.

Quote by Wiegenlied
I'm excited but know I'm going to nervous as hell

Oh... Um...

I'm sure you'll be fine.

Last edited by red157 at Jun 2, 2010,
Dude, perspective. You're at the goddamn RED BULL AIR RACE. You have nothing to be nervous about compared to these guys:

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by ripdime04
smoke some weed. seriously

*flameshield up*

Don't get me wrong I love smoking weed, but if I did that before a big show like this I'd probably get more nervous, anxious and paranoid because of how many people are staring at you, lol.

I don't know how many people are gonna be there. Most people in the city go to the races at some point over the weekend, it's just how many will be directly there when we play. I'd say a few thousand will be listening or at least in the approximate area.
Quote by Night
Quote by xAbyssusx
I wouldn't suggest drinking redbull before you play, my hands always get really shakey when i drink any energy drink.

Have a beer or something instead, should calm your nerves.

Well in Metal Gear Solid you take Diazapam to steady your nerves when shooting the sniper rifle.
Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah, heroin.

If they did that, i'm pretty sure they'd only be dreaming that they won the match whilst passed out on the floor.
It's in shitty ol' Windsor, Ontario along the Detroit River. So you can see it from both sides of the border.

Also, very good point SteveHouse, hahaha.
Quote by Night
Last edited by Wiegenlied at Jun 2, 2010,
Just think, your playing may be the last thing some of the competitors hear...

jk, Red Bull gives you wings. Just fly outta that bitch.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
^ That sounds like a quote that be on a Metalocalypse episode
Quote by Night
Are you playing in Windsor? I want to go see tat.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
I shall cross the river and heckle you.
Where you guys gonna be at?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Wiegenlied
It's in shitty ol' Windsor, Ontario along the Detroit River. So you can see it from both sides of the border.

Also, very good point SteveHouse, hahaha.

Haha I guess I'll see you there then. You better not **** up or I'll throw tomatoes and various squishy fruits and vegetables at you. But seriously, I hope to see you there, should be fun.
Quote by Piscasis
Haha I guess I'll see you there then. You better not **** up or I'll throw tomatoes and various squishy fruits and vegetables at you. But seriously, I hope to see you there, should be fun.

I've probably seen your location a thousand times and never realized you were that close to me. I'll bring extra rotten tomatoes.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
I've probably seen your location a thousand times and never realized you were that close to me. I'll bring extra rotten tomatoes.

Sounds like a plan.
Quote by Wiegenlied
Don't get me wrong I love smoking weed, but if I did that before a big show like this I'd probably get more nervous, anxious and paranoid because of how many people are staring at you, lol.

I don't know how many people are gonna be there. Most people in the city go to the races at some point over the weekend, it's just how many will be directly there when we play. I'd say a few thousand will be listening or at least in the approximate area.

haha i feel ya man, well may i suggest opiates, yes they are adfdicint g as ****, but they help calm nerves immensley
Gonna make the mountains be my home....

"A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through"-Robert Hunter
Quote by ripdime04
haha i feel ya man, well may i suggest opiates, yes they are adfdicint g as ****, but they help calm nerves immensley

Fuck that. Take all that nervous energy up on stage. Let it loose on an unsuspecting crowd.
Save some for tomato ducking.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
Fuck that. Take all that nervous energy up on stage. Let it loose on an unsuspecting crowd.
Save some for tomato ducking.

If he does well, he may not even have to dodge tomatoes. Then we can try to throw them at the obnoxious Americans that come over the bridge....Oh wait.

And if for anyone interested on what the air races are, here is the website with a video for the race in Windsor this year.

http://www.redbullairrace.com/cs/Satellite/en_air/Official-Red-Bull-Air-Race-Homepage/001238611393596
How about you guys throw something disappointing instead? Like melted chocolate bars, or bagels that have gone moldy?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by SteveHouse
How about you guys throw something disappointing instead? Like melted chocolate bars, or bagels that have gone moldy?

Or unimpressed audience members.
Or the audience's unimpressed members...

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Wiegenlied
I'm excited but know I'm going to nervous as hell. I've played in front of huge crowds before with orchestras, but with my two-man band only in bars and coffee shops. It's also outside and at 2pm, so I can't really drink to calm nerves down. Any suggestions?

Wait, the Air Race on the Detroit River? Or is there more than one Air Race location?

Edit: Looked on the website. Didn't know there was more than one air race, to be honest. But kudos to you, I'll be there. What's your band?
Last edited by Daffodil Lament at Jun 2, 2010,
Here's the bill:

Friday, June 4th
5pm-5:40pm - Kelly Nicholls
6pm-6:40pm - Micheal Joseph McGrath
7pm-7:40pm - Dave Allen
8pm-8:40pm - Same Latitude as Rome
9pm-9:40pm - Anonymous Bosch
10pm-10:40pm - ASK
11pm-11:40pm - the STIg

Saturday, June 5th
12pm-12:40pm - Chris Dalpe
1pm-1:40pm - George Manery
2pm-2:40pm - Sophists
3pm-3:40pm - Kevin Cossette
4pm-4:40pm - Dave Russell
5pm-5:40pm - M.E.
6pm-6:40pm - TBA
7pm-7:40pm - Daniyal Malik
8pm-8:40pm - Silent Movie Type
9pm-9:40pm - Bulletproof Tiger
10pm-10:40pm - The Heatseeking Moisture Missiles
11pm-11:40pm - Years of Ernest

Sunday, June 6th
12pm-12:40pm - Justin Alexander
1pm-1:40pm - TBA
2pm-2:40pm - Makeshift
3pm-3:40pm - The Formula
4pm-4:40pm - Under Ruins
5pm-5:40pm - Lindy (Toronto)
6pm-6:40pm - King Friday
7pm-7:40pm - Jackie Robitaille Full Band
8pm-8:40pm - Mike Hargreaves
9pm-9:40pm - Red Rows

It's taking place outside the Capitol Theatre on University Ave. My band is Sophist. It'll be an acoustic set, but our drummer who quit when we moved to London for summer is playing with us again for the first time since. Should be interesting. Also, if you can make it Sunday I suggest seeing Mike Hargreaves. I went to high school with him and he taught me a bit of bass and music theory. His band Michou is doing pretty well for themselves.

And if you Windsorites show up and promise not to throw any tomatoes at me, I might be able to get you or your band some shows with us in the future
Quote by Night
Some pics from the show, it went really well.

Quote by Night
Last edited by Wiegenlied at Jun 6, 2010,
Yeah haha, that's me and my baby. There's quite a few people, and if you know downtown Windsor at all University street has all the bars and lots of people we're out on the patios and you could hear us for a few blocks. We got lucky tho, the guy who played after us got completely drowned out his first song from the planes taking off. Then later on it rained and it was canceled, we ended up getting tornado warning's and shit.
Quote by Night
Quote by Jyrgen
Are you the guy playing the black guitar? Looks cool

Indeed. The other guy looks like a douche, glad to discover you're the other one

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

^ Haha, well he's Russian so...
Quote by Night
Page 1 of 2