Its possible the guitar could have been made just like that. It looks like a 70's or 80's "ghost" guitar. I think Kay made models like that.

I can't think of the other guitar makers that have models that look like that or come up with the website thats full of them.
The only guitars that I can think that look anything remotely similar to that is Mosrite's, but I don't think that is, the pickguard, and pickups are different..

It could just be a cheap, old Japanese guitar from the 80's
Last edited by Negociator at Jun 2, 2010,
Quote by Negociator
The only guitars that I can think that look anything remotely similar to that is Mosrite's, but I don't think that is, the pickguard, and pickups are different..

It could just be a cheap, old Japanese guitar from the 80's

No, Mosrite guitars don't come anywhere near this guitar. Maybe the Mark II's pickguard looks a bit similar but that's about it. With that being said, I've seen Harmony guitars that looked similar to this. Its probably a cheap starter guitar of some sort, It doesn't look like the bridge can be adjusted for intonation so I'm not sure of its age. The OP may have better luck asking here:

http://www.vintaxe.com/boards/index.php

Edit, I'm not going to bump this up but you're welcome. (Dated June 4th, 2010 9:13 PM EST)
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at Jun 4, 2010,
Quote by BrylleyM

That's pretty small, I can't tell much except I see a strap button attached to the neck which I only recall seeing on cheapo invasion guitars. Close up pictures of the headstock (Front and back) The neck plate and one of the bridge may help more.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Quote by Gargoyle2500
That's pretty small, I can't tell much except I see a strap button attached to the neck which I only recall seeing on cheapo invasion guitars. Close up pictures of the headstock (Front and back) The neck plate and one of the bridge may help more.

The neck has been replaced so it wont give any information

heres a closeup of the body
Last edited by BrylleyM at Jun 2, 2010,
Looks like it could be Teisco also but it dosnt share the same body shaping style...
Quote by Fridge101
Looks like it could be Teisco also but it dosnt share the same body shaping style...

Your right. It does share a lot of old Spectrum or ET looks including the "open" or "extended" truss rod that seems typical on those. Some Kay's had that too though as far as I know.
I really have no idea now, You'd have better luck at the forum I linked to.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Quote by SwampAshSpecial
headstock shot please

It's not the original neck.
BrylleyM, check out some 60's Silvertones too.
Thanks maku

and Thanks gargoyle for the link They gave me the name of the guitar there/

Problem solved
It's either a Harmony, Teisco, Silvertone, or a Kay electric. Those companies made very similar guitars switching runs between the years, they're not worth a whole lot but they're decent playing instruments nonetheless
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
looks like a peavey to me
Originally Posted by GoodnightHero
if i hear any more "pussy, pussy, money, pussy, weed, pussy, nigga" im gonna attack a small child.