I've been looking into a few amps and I'm wondering what kind I should buy. I'm sorta stuck on Mesa's right now and the Dual Recto and Stiletto are the one's I'm having trouble deciding between. I play a wide variety of music from blues and jazz all the way to metal so I need something with a great deal of flexibility. The bands that influence me the most would be:

The Fall of Troy
Coheed and Cambria
Led Zeppelin
Wolfmother
Bullet For My Valentine
Atreyu
Bring Me the Horizon
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Van Halen

Obviously there isn't an amp that can cover all of these bases perfectly, but I'd mainly like to cover the TFOT, Coheed, and BFMV sounds.
and orange Rockoverb or thunder verb might do you good, doesnt the guy from fall of troy use orange?
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
He does (and Budda), but It seems like only vintage tones can be achieved without large amounts of effects.
well i dont know if you are fimilar with the band slipknot but one of the guitarist uses the thunderverb and id say thats pretty modern to me
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
Quote by M_16A
and orange Rockoverb or thunder verb might do you good, doesnt the guy from fall of troy use orange?

this or a marshall jcm 800
Quote by M_16A
well i dont know if you are fimilar with the band slipknot but one of the guitarist uses the thunderverb and id say thats pretty modern to me

But how many effects do they use? I don't want to ruin the tone of the amp with a three foot rack. Know what I mean? Sorry if I'm being picky. It's just a lot of money to spend and if it's the wrong amp then grr.. :P
OP - Dude, if you live anywhere near Vegas, we can jam Pretty cool tastes and good luck covering TFOT songs!!

With all of the stuff you are trying to acomplish, I think that the pedal board suggestion might be a good way to START. Grab some used pedals and craft out some sounds that you can work with and go between. That may not help with the AMP questions, but it may help you get teh soudns you want out of a variety of inexpensive, mid range heads and combos.