I am currently looking into buying a new guitar, i originally was deciding on either an ESP/LTD or a Jackson, but after hearing how Fender bought out jackson or whatever went down and how the quality has gone down somewhat? im guessing for people mostly interested in metal... but then i started looking into ESPs more and i like the look and finishes on them more, as well im a major fan of Alexi Laiho for Children of Bodom, and im looking for a guitar that can give me some of his tone and sound. I looked into his signature guitars and decided not to invest in those as 1)I don't want to copy his guitar and be another fanboy, 2) he has only bridge pickup, 3)they are overpriced. I love the look for the guitars and was looking into the ESP SV which has two neckpickups but it comes with emg 81s and i dont believe they will be good replicas for trying to get Alexi's tone. SO the question is, if i bought the ESP SV or is there another guitar? to try get his tone should i replace the guitar with his signature pickups? and since the guitar has two pickups what should i place in for the other? i havnt been able to come across a website that will ship to Canada, British Columbia that has that guitar so would another be able to list links?

Thank you all for the comments i will hopefully receive and anyother suggestions how i can setup the sound to get one as Alexi's and anyother guitars you can suggest and or amps/effects. I am also a fan of Lamb of God! I currently have an Ibanez RG 7321 (7 string) and playing/owning a six string will feel really different! and i have a Line III spider 15 watt amp with no effects pedals.

EDIT:I live in Surrey, B.C Canada but i would go as far as washington to get
im putting around 2K$ into just the gutiar, but i cant seem to find any ESP SVS (White with black pinstripe), plus im going to probably replace both pickups on guitar they come with two EMG 81's>!
"
Every band that is favored in the genre sells-out and commercializes... That's just the way it is :/"

ESP SV standard
Ibanez RG7321
Last edited by monobrow7 at Jun 3, 2010,
A guitar will only partly give you the tone. A new amp is needed for them toanz boy.

If you have the money for an ESP, You can get a nice amp and guitar combo which will get you closer.

Can we has a budget and nearest local city please? will you go used?
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by cliff_em_all
A guitar will only partly give you the tone. A new amp is needed for them toanz boy.

If you have the money for an ESP, You can get a nice amp and guitar combo which will get you closer.

Can we has a budget and nearest local city please? will you go used?

this, people put to much into the guitar, while the guitar is part of it the thing on the guitar that affects the sound the most is the pickups. and the amp itself affects the tone more than the pickups, Ive seen people make hello kitty guitars scream.

guitar wise go for something with humbuckers, active pickups are coo tool if you can get a guitar with them
Quote by Zayrank
this, people put to much into the guitar, while the guitar is part of it the thing on the guitar that affects the sound the most is the pickups. and the amp itself affects the tone more than the pickups, Ive seen people make hello kitty guitars scream.

guitar wise go for something with humbuckers, active pickups are coo tool if you can get a guitar with them

Actives + Spyder = HIZZZZSSSSSZSZSZSZSZSZSSZ
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
blackouts or emg+18v mod will get you close. Other then that, whatever feels best to you, looking cool is also nice, but not necessary. The amp is 90% of the tones that come completely from your fingers.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
I bought the ESP SV with two EMG81's!!! its amazing! just need to get a new amp now haha, shitty line 6 spider amps, psh.
"
Every band that is favored in the genre sells-out and commercializes... That's just the way it is :/"

ESP SV standard
Ibanez RG7321