I am currently running through auditions for bassist position, and oh boy! my understanding about guitardness completely changed!

Today during audition for from point of view decent band: guitarist didn't have his own guitar(completely does not have one), doesn't know how to use tuner or plug into amp. Doesn't know what "standard tuning" is, or what names of strings are. Barely reads tabs, not to speak of his sense of rhythm. He played guitar "seriously" 4 years.
Oh, and he also knows position of bassist in band, so he tried to tell me what to play...

So now I began to wonder how low can guitards go? And is there way to smell them from afar? Cuz well, i hate paying to rehearsal rooms for my wasted time...
Cookie monster genocide my nation! HE MUST DIE MENS

Art is never finished it is only abandoned.

Real mitalhead don't give a f**k if it is Wensday or a dick in the a**
Being a guitarist... i can tell you that they can get pretty bad... I once jammed with a guitarist and drummer and the guitarist didn't know what a snare drum was??
He's not "guitard', just a retard on music in general.

The instrument doesn't make you retarded (i.e guitard, basstard, drumtard ect), only you.
--Gear--

5 piece blonde sparkle Gretch drum kit

-Drummers need their own forum-
Quote by CurlyFry
Just look on the bright side. To offset the guiatrds, god gave us Jeff Beck!

Maybe it's the other way around. Jeff Beck willed himself in to existence so this creator fellow had to do something to keep balance in the For....World.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
Maybe it's the other way around. Jeff Beck willed himself in to existence so this creator fellow had to do something to keep balance in the For....World.

My b, how could i have assumed otherwise
US TUBES
Although I do agree with Phil Collins, I do wonder why I hear more about dumb guitarist stories than anything else. Mind, not just on this forum, but in real life, from all kinds of instrumentalists, and vocalists. Speaking of vocalists, though, I've heard some pretty good stories about them, too. I guess there's probably a reason why there are jokes for every kind of musician.
I play guitar and bass. Wtf is your problem? You can be really skilled at both. But if your going by stereotypes, i think that drummers are the dumbest