I'm going to be getting a head, cab and guitar, (cuz all of my current gear is meecrob...) and i have about $1000 to spend... so fuck. In your opinion, what is the best cab i could get for my money?

I play mostly metal, but drift onto other things sometimes like blues and... folk-ish stuff sometimes.

I want a big fat sound, but i'm on a budget so ill probably have to switch the speakers later anyways.

EDIT: 1000$ for guitar, head, and cab. I cant spend alot on the cab. Not 1k for a cab, I'd probly get a Rectifier cab then.

EDIT#2: 500$ TOPS for the cab.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Jun 2, 2010,
Mills, Mesa, MATAMP or Orange.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
half stacks are unneccesary unless you're going to be playing HUGE unmic'ed gigs. I've played guitar solo's on a marshall tube half stack with a full band, everyone mic'ed except me, I'm the lead player and volume was on 2 on my amp and 6 on my guitar.. Do you really need a half stack? I know it looks cool but is it nessecary??
Quote by salgala2000
half stacks are unneccesary unless you're going to be playing HUGE unmic'ed gigs. I've played guitar solo's on a marshall tube half stack with a full band, everyone mic'ed except me, I'm the lead player and volume was on 2 on my amp and 6 on my guitar.. Do you really need a half stack? I know it looks cool but is it nessecary??

dude. get a life.

hes not asking for a halfstack, he wants advice on a 212 cab. which is perfectly reasonable.

lots of amps arent available in combo form, and a 212 + head is very manageable with good response.