Im looking at a Boss CH1...

Mainly cause Ive heard they are good and to use it to power two amps...

Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions in regards to this?

Im open to other chorus pedals if they are around the same price and have duel outputs.
I believe you mean it runs in stereo? That has nothing to do with powering anything. But that aside..

If you're willing to go mono, check out these:
- MXR Micro Chorus [$80]
- EHX Small Clone [$85]

If you can up your price range a wee bit that can get you these:
- EHX Clone Theory or Electric Mistress (Both Stereo) [$120]
- Malekko Chorus (Mono) [$140]
- MXR Black Label Chorus (Stereo) [$100]

And if you can push the budget a little more you can look at the MXR Stereo Chorus [$170]. Also look for old, used Ibanez CS-9's. The new one's aren't that good, but the old ones are pretty renowned, along with the old Boss model (can't remember the name), but either of those would run you around $80-120 from what I've seen.

Hope that helps, please correct me if I messed any of that up.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Does stereo mean running two amps with one guitar then yes haha.

Are all of those better than the CH1... I noticed that Zakk Wylde used the CH1 to run two amps hence where I got the idea from.
I would take any of them over the CH-1, but it's really a matter of opinion. The Black Label is Zakk Wylde's signature chorus (sorry if you knew that, no intention to seem condescending), maybe give that a looksee.

Quote by bogg808

yeah I knew that haha, But im pretty sure he used to use the CH1 lol. I find with signature products they are over priced hence why I was looking at the CH1...

Ill give them other ones a look.
The CH-1's EQ knob might be useful to you. It can "change the style" of the chorus.

I would still try out everything else as well though. For chorus pedals, it mainly comes down to personal preference.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Yeah, I'm the same way, but MXR is usually higher quality. Also note that it's true bypass, all analog, ect ect. I'd also check out the PGS demos.

Quote by bogg808

Ive been looking around...

I live in NZ and I couldnt find most of them. I found the Black Label one but its twice the price of the CH1... Is it twice as good to warrant the price?
Cool thanks for the website...

It comes to about NZ$190 which isnt too bad. Still forty more than the CH1 though.
I had a CH-1 when I started playing. It was the only effect I had for awhile. Its a pretty cool sounding pedal and I could get that come as you are tone prefect(at the time thats what I wanted). I got mine in a pawn shop for 40 bux though. Iv been leaning toward electro-harmonix products lately, but if you can find one used or at a decent price id say go for it.
I never used most the features like stereo, but still great pedal.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Last edited by teamhex at Jun 2, 2010,