hey, i've heard that Fender come/came with Schaller strap buttons already in them. Is there any truth to this because i hate swapping out strap buttons.
It's not true, at least not for most Fenders. I'm sure if you ordered a Custom Shop guitar you could ask them to install Schaller strap locks on it, but the regular Fenders don't have strap locks.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Yes, it is true (at least for some of the higher-end Fenders). The American Deluxe comes with them installed. A number of Fender guitars and basses have the Schaller strap locks included, but not the strap buttons. This was the case with my American Standard Jazz V and my Aerodyne Jazz. Only my American Deluxe Precision bass came with the buttons to go with it. The logic of this escapes me.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Buh, I was shopping around for an American Deluxe last year and they definitely only had standard strap buttons. Now I know Fender has redesigned the Am Deluxe guitar for this year which I've yet to get my hands on, so maybe they have strap locks now, but the Fender site certainly doesn't say anything about it.

Edit: well I'll be damned. Just checked and the site doesn't actually say they have Schaller strap locks now, but on the zoomed-in photos the Am Deluxes definitely do have strap locks of some kind fitted. Huh. Colour me surprised.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Seriously who cares? Strap locks cost $20 and take all of 2 minutes to install.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
You say that, but I've had a few guitars where the screws for the previous strap buttons were bigger than the ones the strap locks take. So I had to fill the previous holes, leave them for a few days then drill new guide holes and hope it held. Kinda dodgy and a pain in the arse.
Im wondering why guitar companies dont put straplocks in all their guitars, it usually isn't a pain in the ass but its annoying that like aside from the new (and mostly the most trolled gibsons here) like my 08 standard (haven't got any trollin from that yet , xept i hate the jack) came with dunlop straplocks, and that was nice
Eh.
Never had that issue, but if I did I would probably just drill out the hole on the strap lock to accept the larger screw rather than filling and redrilling.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500