Hey guys! Just a random question/thought. How long have you all had your acoustic guitars? Feel free to post some pics of your wooden, hollow axe and tell any stories behind them, ect. I just got an acoustic, so I don't have any interesting stories, sorry .

Post away! I'll get some pics of my guitar up as soon as possible.
hmm... well i've had my cheapo aria classical guitar for like 4 years... nothing interesting with it...

my cheapo steel string for like 4 years, also pretty boring.

some cheap knock off brand of an electric for like 3 years... it has a neon blue case if that counts as interesting.

my Hohner EBAE i've had for about 11 months and i played Airtap! on it in the vicinity of Andy McKee and he thought it sounded awesome and signed my guitar. I also played Drifting for him and he told me that i did one of the best covers of drifting he's heard it was pretty cool haha he also played my guitar.
I've had my Cort Earth 70 for a few months now (I believe about 3-4). I love playing it, but I still can't wait to get an electric guitar.

I haven't got any interesting stories, really. Except for 1 time, when my pick fell into my sound hole. I tried to get it out, but it didn't want to go out. After a few minutes, the noise of the pick being inside disappeared. I thought the pick went out. But I couldn't find it.

A week after that, I could hear the pick being inside again, and I managed to get it out.
i don't have any of my acoustics from before the last couple years except a beater classical with no stories. hopefully my current crop of guitars will be around long enough to develop some interesting stories. my old guitars had some, that's for sure.

my husband, on the other hand, has had his gibson 12 string, j-45, les paul since the 90's. too many stories to tell there, but when i met him, i was looking for someone to jam with. he was playing his les paul and i was playing a squier bass. we've played a lot of different instruments since then, but he still has all of his and i keep selling mine to buy others. go figure!
I've had my acoustic guitar 3 years
and my acoustic bass 1 year
Gear:
Dean Flying V
Franciscan Model A ClassicalGuitar
Ibanez Acoustic
Dean Acoustic Bass EABG
Mitchell Mu-70 Ukulele
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Korg Kaossilator
Yamaha Keyboard
Boss Metal Core
Fishman RareEarth Humbucker
'71 Kingston 3/4 scale Folk - 39 years ... my first guitar. Now in the hands of my 6 year old neice.
'09 Martin OM1 - less than a year
'07 Ovation Elite 1868T - 3 years
'94 Ovation Celebrity Deluxe CC257 - 15 years ...birthday gift from my wife
'95 Ovation Balladeer 1751 12-string - 2 years ...rescued from ebay
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Quote by Auriemma
'71 Kingston 3/4 scale Folk - 39 years ... my first guitar. Now in the hands of my 6 year old neice.
'09 Martin OM1 - less than a year
'07 Ovation Elite 1868T - 3 years
'94 Ovation Celebrity Deluxe CC257 - 15 years ...birthday gift from my wife
'95 Ovation Balladeer 1751 12-string - 2 years ...rescued from ebay

very nice
Gear:
Dean Flying V
Franciscan Model A ClassicalGuitar
Ibanez Acoustic
Dean Acoustic Bass EABG
Mitchell Mu-70 Ukulele
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Korg Kaossilator
Yamaha Keyboard
Boss Metal Core
Fishman RareEarth Humbucker
Flamenco acoustic: Since around 2006
Yamaha acoustic: 'round Two years now
Epiphone SG (Falling apart slightly, but I love it): two years as of tomorrow
Dean red acoustic electric (affectionally called 'The Red Baron'): Since Christmas last year
Quote by :Vicious--
banned cuz you have succesfully wasted my time. you must pay

Quote by Metal Axe
Banned because you may waste my time

Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because yes, you may waste my time.

May I waste your time too
Got my acoustic about 10 years ago but only started playing about a year ago.
Here's my Martin DC-16 GTE Premium. I picked it up two and a half years ago. The first night I brought it home, I wound up passed out with it on my lap. My buddy got a picture of that, but I don't have it to post it. I guess I just didn't want to put it down for any reason at all... This is the one guitar I have played the most. I use Martin SP Custom Lights and I threw some brass bridge pins into it.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Jazz+Funeral/pictures/gear/631943/829175

And this is my Yamaha FG730S. I bought this about a year and a half ago for beaches, bonfires, parks, and festivals. I've taken this guitar to a lot of places, even as far as Arkansas and Florida. It's my "beater", but that's not so imply that I care for it any less than my others. With the laminate back and sides, it's still a nice sounding guitar.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Jazz+Funeral/pictures/gear/638327/829179
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Well I am a lot less interesting. Self taught, never had a formal lesson in my life. Cut my teeth on a Lark brand guitar in early 90's, it had a bad intonation, action etc.
In 1996 I bought Ibanez PF5 all laminate guitar that I still have. Been playing that one this whole time up until march of this year. Learned most of everything on it and it will stay with me until the day I die (now its relegated to retired status).
In March 2010 I bought my first Seagull, my mini jumbo Entourage - loved it from the moment I played it - had bone saddle put in, action lowered on the nut and its set up the way I like it - mostly use this for finger style
Same month I bought me el cheapo Yamaha C40 to cut my teeth on a bit of classical. Its good for what I need it for.
May of 2010 I picked up Seagull Coastline S12 - got it for smokin' deal ($200) - love the sound and it plays like butter in concert pitch - will not mod anything but the strings
Same month decided to pick up another dread and wanted spruce top - got me Yamaha FG730s and its a great git for the money - as of today its getting bone saddle, nut adjustment and setup.
I am sure there will be a lot of stories down the road with new gits but that Ibby will always hold special place in my heart.

Had two electrics - down to one - hasn't been played since 2000 or so
Going to show my age I think but the oldest one I still own (yamaha) I have had for just under 24 years approx!
I just got my Laguna LG300CE natural finish this past memorial day. I tried a bunch of different ones and it just had the right feeling and for what my budget was, the right sound. If it weren't so late here I would break out my camera and take a picture but it will have to wait until tomorrow.
obeythepenguin......... I ordered it from Kennelly Keys Music website. They have had some great prices on Seagull gear. It was originally $324 plus shipping, but when I received the git I noticed some minor finish blemishes, also it was a floor model not new as I was told. So they went and knocked it down to $200 which is a steal for solid top 12string of good quality such as Seagull. They made it right and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again. Also they do a terrific job with boxing it for shipping. Highly recommend them as online stores go.
My oldest is a cheapo Valencia classical which I've had for over 8 years. My oldest that I still regularly play is my Epiphone Materbilt which I bought just over 5 years ago.
Well dunno if I have any interesting stories but I've had my yamaha for 8 years now. Still pretty much in mint condition.
Long live the legends of rock!