hey pit,

I am joining the U.S. Navy and in order to enter you need to be under 22% body fat, I am currently at 24% and need to lose my belly quick (I need out of this house I call a home).

so my question to you all, how can I lose weight around my middle quick?
Cut the fat out with a knife.

Foolproof.
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
Make sure you're still eating breakfast, and at least small meals throughout the day, or your metabolism will just tell you to **** off, and stop.
This. You'll be fine. I promise.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Hey I had to do the same thing to enlisted in Army. Basic in Sept(Hooah).
Lots of water man. Lots. Dont drink anything else. Go running in the morning and at night.Sit ups, lots of them.
Food:
Apples
Tuna
Oranges
No bread
Ounce of meat a day.
I lost 14 pounds in one week like that.
I lost 66 pounds to get in the Army. I know you can do it. My branch says Hooah, but for the Respect you branch I will say both. Hooyah Hooah
Good Luck Brother. Maybe our paths will cross one day. Any question PM me.

Edit: Dont stop eating, that worst thing you can do. Its stores your body fat instead of burning it.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Last edited by Blackwaterson89 at Jun 2, 2010,
Lots of Fiber and Niacin. You'll shit your pants but you will lose weight.
I would mostly focus on cardio-type workouts, push ups, sit ups, pull ups, mixed in with short intense sprints. When I was preparing for going into the Navy I ran a lot but noticed most results came from mixing up my workouts rather than mindless running for an hour everyday.
Quote by DerAj2
Lots of Fiber and Niacin. You'll shit your pants but you will lose weight.

It doesn help with waist. You have to be certain weight measurement.

OP also. Green Veggies.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Good news it's only losing 2% bodyfat which is completely manageable. Best thing you can do, run. Especially since you're joining the military. Straighten up your diet (balance it, cut out crap food, stuff like that). Eat your veggies, fruit and just run your a$$ off. It only takes a couple days a week, especially if you're new to it. Start at one mile and work your way to three tops, all you really need. From one to three miles, play around with intervals of any kind to help. Throw in some pushups, situps, bodyweight lunges/squates, etc and you have a real PT session. The more you put in, the more you get out of it. Weight training wont help you for Basic and whatnot. Save it for when you can afford the luxury of weight training. So yeah, give that a whirl and you'll be fine. You're close enough to your target body composition that you don't need anything extreme. Just do what you know you need to do.

It will work, it's the same stuff I've told a bunch of people getting into the military and I have 6 years in, plus a degree in progress with this stuff.
Cocaine, cause when they drug test you it will be out of your system by then. Also anorexia works well, but if you need to eat bulimia is the best technique.
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
you have to be at 22% body fat where im from (chicago area) i am down to 24-25% as of right now.
You could take up meth...
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
You'll be fine, you don't have tons to lose. That and it looks like I'm not the only vet here to mention the same stuff, haha. We've all pretty much said the same stuff, you have lots of options too.
Quote by celticstorm84
Good news it's only losing 2% bodyfat which is completely manageable. Best thing you can do, run. Especially since you're joining the military. Straighten up your diet (balance it, cut out crap food, stuff like that). Eat your veggies, fruit and just run your a$$ off. It only takes a couple days a week, especially if you're new to it. Start at one mile and work your way to three tops, all you really need. From one to three miles, play around with intervals of any kind to help. Throw in some pushups, situps, bodyweight lunges/squates, etc and you have a real PT session. The more you put in, the more you get out of it. Weight training wont help you for Basic and whatnot. Save it for when you can afford the luxury of weight training. So yeah, give that a whirl and you'll be fine. You're close enough to your target body composition that you don't need anything extreme. Just do what you know you need to do.

It will work, it's the same stuff I've told a bunch of people getting into the military and I have 6 years in, plus a degree in progress with this stuff.

What branch man?

If he not enlisted yet, he doesnt need to worry about that til he enlist. But yes OP you need to do this also to get prepared.
my bands lead guitarist lost 50 lbs in 4 months by only drinking a shitload of water and eating 1 hot dog a day for dinner. worked for him

id eat 3 meals a day cause thatll make sure your metabolism doesnt keep you from burning fat.
I've been losing a lot of weight recently (Like 40lbs in the past 6mths). all i really did is i really decreased my food intake. try to eat a decent breakfast. nothing big, but not a small bowl of cereal or something wasteful. and if you're hungry outside of lunch or dinner, try to drink water to fill your stomach. and as soon as you feel full, STOP EATING. try to replace soda and other beverages with water. water is your best friend. just try not to drink too much water, because it is fatal. also try your best to keep off of junk as long as you can. it is a hard fight. and you dont have to get too into exercising, but it is very helpful. just walk around a lot, go for bike rides, and dont be afraid to just keep moving anyway you can...like when your sitting just move your legs back and forth
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by rickyj
my bands lead guitarist lost 50 lbs in 4 months by only drinking a shitload of water and eating 1 hot dog a day for dinner. worked for him

id eat 3 meals a day cause thatll make sure your metabolism doesnt keep you from burning fat.

You're body burns fat at rest, it's too difficult to metabolize it at higher work rates. More frequent, smaller meals will accelerate the process at rest and help with other energy pathways as you require them...oxidative/ phosphygen, etc.
I've lost 20 pounds in a month and a half. I assume that because you're getting ready to go into the military, you probably are already getting enough exercise. so the key to your weight loss will be diet. diets don't mean starving yourself. in fact, if you starve yourself, your body will only retain the fat it has in it so it stays alive. and on top of that, anytime you eat, it will store the fat in that too. so the keys to a good diet are:
-5-6 small meals a day; your biggest one being breakfast, and then smaller and smaller
-lots of protein! if you can afford protein supplements, get them! if not, you should be getting 30-45 grams of protein IN EACH MEAL. So eat all of the chicken and fish you want!
-green leafy vegetables! broccoli, lettuce, etc. ALL THE TIME
-no carbs after mid-afternoon. carbs have two purposes: to create energy, or store as fat. if you eat carbs late in the day after you've done all of your exercising or walking around for the day, all carbs are going to do is store as fat. so eat your carbs early in the day so you burn them off. the first 4 meals of your day should have between 20-30grams of carbs IF you're exercising a lot.
-WHOLE GRAINS ARE GOOD CARBS! whole grain bread, bagels, brown rice! if you're going to eat carbs, be sure they're made from whole grains!

if you have any other questions, pm me and i'll do my best to answer them for you. good luck, and thank you for your service!
Quote by xraycat
I've lost 20 pounds in a month and a half. I assume that because you're getting ready to go into the military, you probably are already getting enough exercise. so the key to your weight loss will be diet. diets don't mean starving yourself. in fact, if you starve yourself, your body will only retain the fat it has in it so it stays alive. and on top of that, anytime you eat, it will store the fat in that too. so the keys to a good diet are:
-5-6 small meals a day; your biggest one being breakfast, and then smaller and smaller
-lots of protein! if you can afford protein supplements, get them! if not, you should be getting 30-45 grams of protein IN EACH MEAL. So eat all of the chicken and fish you want!
-green leafy vegetables! broccoli, lettuce, etc. ALL THE TIME
-no carbs after mid-afternoon. carbs have two purposes: to create energy, or store as fat. if you eat carbs late in the day after you've done all of your exercising or walking around for the day, all carbs are going to do is store as fat. so eat your carbs early in the day so you burn them off. the first 4 meals of your day should have between 20-30grams of carbs IF you're exercising a lot.
-WHOLE GRAINS ARE GOOD CARBS! whole grain bread, bagels, brown rice! if you're going to eat carbs, be sure they're made from whole grains!

if you have any other questions, pm me and i'll do my best to answer them for you. good luck, and thank you for your service!

Carbs are necessary throughout the day, not just in the morning. Carbs fuel the brain and muscles (glycogen). They're also the primary fuel source in the body. It takes a big excess for them to store as fat....they get metabolized to glycogen and stored for immediate energy use in the liver and muscle tissue. You also need to watch the protein consumption, too much protein is just that, too much and makes for expensive urine, that's all. Carbs are also essential in the recovery process.

So be sure to balance out your diet. Somewhere around 40% of total calories from carbs, 30% from protein and 30% from fat is a decent place to start.
Quote by zachsquatch68
Thanks everyone for their help. this is gonna be rough but thanks for ur help. all of you

Youre Welcome man. Good Luck and God Speed.
Quote by zachsquatch68
Thanks everyone for their help. this is gonna be rough but thanks for ur help. all of you

Anytime, thank you for your desire to serve. Takes a lot to make the call. Best of luck to you.
Take up wrestling.
Quote by MightyAl
A girl is a mythical creature, somewhat akin to a unicorn, or chimera.
They don't really exist, but it would be cool if they did.