Hey UGers-

I just did an acoustic version of the song "So Cold" by Breaking Benjamin. This has always been one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite bands... so I thought I'd give it a try. I recorded the guitar part on two tracks so that it would sound good w/out any drums or anything, and then I added vocals because I listened to their live version and thought I had a comparable voice -- plus the lyrics are very nice on it.

Let me know, good or bad, how I did... I love hearing feedback and will be more than happy to leave you feedback if you want to C4C.

The song can be found on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGm_A2jDsm4

Thanks.
-JRR
My Gear:
- Schecter S-1 Diamond Series w/ Duncan pickups
- Marshall JCM 900 Half-Stack
- Crybaby 535 Wah-Wah
- BOSS MT-2

Recording: SM58, SM57, M-Audio "AudioBuddy"
"You've Got to Belong To It"
Last edited by jrrwizard at Jun 3, 2010,
I'm getting the sense now that it is coming off as having too much treble in the vocals. I think I mixed it that way because my headphones have really good bass and I forgot about that. Anyone getting that same feeling or should I leave it as is?
My Gear:
- Crybaby 535 Wah-Wah
- BOSS MT-2

Really good, but you would sound better if you werent forcing your jaw out. You are forcing your jaw out the same way Scott Stapp does, and it gives you the same kind of effect. But I think you should lose it, because your voice would stand alone better.
Hmm... interesting advice. I think I did that intentionally for this song because it was the style that it was made in. I'm going to do a cover soon of Sweet Thing by Keith Urban... which will naturally be much more fluid technically-sound singing. Good crit!
My Gear:
- Crybaby 535 Wah-Wah
- BOSS MT-2

Surprisingly, I liked this a lot haha. Singing was great, acoustic layer's were very nice and soothing. I don't really like Breaking Benjamin but this was a very good cover.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
even tho i've heard this song on the radio a million times i really enjoyed it! great voice and playing. I think i agree with eXperiment, we'll have to wait and see for sweet thing. Keep it up!
Great cover man. Something about the intro guitars was different or maybe a little out of time. To be honest I cant really pin it down what it was, prolly just my own ear trickery. But great job, vocals were very nice and so where guitars. Just thought perhaps on the lead acoustic it sounded a bit thin and twangy but thats just a matter of personal taste I guess. Overall good job man really enjoyed it.
My Music
-Leave a rating, comment with link will C4C-
Thanks for the crits-

@Swayver: I think its due to the solid state amp I was on, and I totally agree. I have a nice Marshall tube amplifier in my apartment back at school... so it's always annoying to have to record on lower quality equipment, but I made due (haha).
My Gear:
- Crybaby 535 Wah-Wah
- BOSS MT-2

nice job dude! i'm generally not the biggest Breaking Benjamin fan, but you got me with this one. guitars were didn't really have any mistakes (lead sounded a slight bit out of tune? but that could just be me or my speakers) and tbh, i really liked your voice. i'll be sure to check out your cover of that Keith Urban song too! great work man.