What kind of cable do recto amps use to connect to their footswitches? i checked out the back panel, and it looks like some weird altered midi jack. the reason i ask is because im looking at the tc electronics G system, which is a sound processor that's also capable of switching amp channels, and storing channels as a part of the effects preset. thing is, mesa's have a weird jack, one which isn't also on the back of the G system.

but, mostly, i just wanna figure out what the hell kind of cable they use for it. thanks.
Depends on which Recto you mean. Older 2 channel Dual/Triples, and Singles have 2 button footswitches with TRS (stereo) cables, but the newer ones have their own connector. It might be possible to rig up some 1/4" jacks to the end of the cable, but I'm not sure. The Mark series has external switching jacks made for what you want.
it is possible to make a cable that will work with the recto. i made one for my peavey xxx, which uses a 7 pin din connector. i use a g major and can switch channels using it.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
my Rectoverb has 1/4" jacks for external switching controls for Channel, Reverb, and Solo, doesn't your Dual?
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
So, after posting this, I noticed that they all have mono 1/4" jacks for the switchable features, right next to the master footswitch jack. I also did some research and found that its some sort of DIN cable, which kind I don't know.

Inanez, what's the connection between your amp and g major? What jack are you using?