So I just recently put in a subwoofer set into my car. It's not big, and it's definitely not loud. All it is is a set of four 6x9's that have high rating. But here's the issue:
The neighbors across my street have stolen into my car. It's older, and the only way you can open it is with a key. Nothing electronic. And no alarm either.
How do you guys suggest I lock my subwoofers so they can't steal them? This must be accomplished WITHOUT removed the subs from the car, but in such a way that if I did need to remove them, I could do it in less than a minute.
An idea I had involved bolting in a closed square hook to the enclosure, and running a sort of bike lock to a seat hook found under my seats.
If any of you have good ideas, let me know please!
Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!
Shoot your neighbors
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
I'm confused as to what exactly you put in your car...is it a subwoofer, a set 6x9 speakers, or both?
Quote by Wikipedia.org
These nouns are often used with a form of "to be" rather than "to have," e.g., "he is pwnage" rather than "he has pwnage". Either is a more emphatic way of expressing the simpler "he pwns,"
Buy a car alarm.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by Wylde_Guitarist
I'm confused as to what exactly you put in your car...is it a subwoofer, a set 6x9 speakers, or both?

It's a set of four 6x9's in an enclosure.

Quote by Zombee
Buy a car alarm.
If it were that simple, I would have done so. Witty post is unwitty.

I could shoot my neighbors. In fact, I rather like the idea. But they're Russian mobsters; I'd be whacked the next hour.
Quote by leeb rocks
6x9's are a "subwoofer" set? Wait, what? Are you talking about an actual sub you put in the car or the 4x9 speakers? With that being said, shouldn't your speakers be enclosed and screwed into the actual panels of the car? If they are and your still worried about the neighbors stealing a set of 6x9 speakers out of your car, then yeah you should probably move.

Edit: Oh okay gotcha. You've got four of them in one enclosure? Are they the only speakers in your car? If so, thats kind of a strange way to do things, but to each is own. In that case, yeah you could probably lock it to a bare metal hook in the car and hide it pretty well. do what ya gotta do.
Last edited by SayAnything at Jun 3, 2010,
A set of 6x9's =/= Sub.

If I were you, I'd get more car security, not just lock down some speakers.
RIP Tom Searle.
Last edited by MH400 at Jun 3, 2010,
Quote by SayAnything
6x9's are a "subwoofer" set? Wait, what? Are you talking about an actual sub you put in the car or the 4x9 speakers? With that being said, shouldn't your speakers be enclosed and screwed into the actual panels of the car? If they are and your still worried about the neighbors stealing a set of 6x9 speakers out of your car, then yeah you should probably move.

Yet another post outlining a path of action I did not ask for.
But to clarify about the speakers, subs, whatever;
It is a Polk Audio enclosure of four 6x9 speakers that I have wired into working with an amplifier to act as subs.

Quote by MH400
A set of 6x9's =/= Sub.

I beg to differ: http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3077
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-837

The size of the speaker or sub doesn't matter. A sub is just a big speaker powered by an amp to produce pure bass.
Quote by leeb rocks
Last edited by Konkordmusk at Jun 3, 2010,
Quote by MH400

This. seriously man a car alarm is probably your best bet
Quote by Wikipedia.org
These nouns are often used with a form of "to be" rather than "to have," e.g., "he is pwnage" rather than "he has pwnage". Either is a more emphatic way of expressing the simpler "he pwns,"
Quote by Wylde_Guitarist
This. seriously man a car alarm is probably your best bet

It is also the least appealing financially. I simply don't have the funds to buy the system and have it installed. It is also not a car worth stealing, but the enclosure is.
Quote by leeb rocks
Quote by Konkordmusk
Witty post is unwitty.

Know what else is unwitty? Putting a subwoofer in your car when you have no ****ing car alarm! Especially when your neighbors are stealing your shit. Nice job, copernicus.
Quote by damian_91
Quote by Zombee
Quote by damian_91
Quote by Zombee
Know what else is unwise? Putting a subwoofer in your car when you have no ****ing car alarm! Especially when your neighbors are stealing your shit. Nice job, copernicus.

Haha I seem to have hit a nerve. No need to be defensive!
Quote by leeb rocks
Quote by Konkordmusk
The size of the speaker or sub doesn't matter. A sub is just a big speaker powered by an amp to produce pure bass.

That link = mid-range sub.

This is a real sub:

Subs are for the low range frequencies, hence why most people add frequency splitters into their Car Audio system. By the sounds of it, yours is a 'baby sub' at best.

Accept that we're right, and that you don't have a proper sub. Also, you come here asking for advice, then shut us down? wtf?
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by Konkordmusk
It is also the least appealing financially. I simply don't have the funds to buy the system and have it installed. It is also not a car worth stealing, but the enclosure is.

Fine, then I don't see what was wrong with your bike-lock solution. All I'm saying is if it were me and there was no car alarm, a simple pair of bolt-cutters would get me some new "6x9 mid-range subs". hypothetically of course
Quote by Wikipedia.org
Last edited by Wylde_Guitarist at Jun 3, 2010,
Quote by MH400
That link = mid-range sub.

This is a real sub:

Subs are for the low range frequencies, hence why most people add frequency splitters into their Car Audio system. By the sounds of it, yours is a 'baby sub' at best.

Accept that we're right, and that you don't have a proper sub. Also, you come here asking for advice, then shut us down? wtf?

Cool, I don't have a proper sub. I didn't really ask if I did or not though, I just wanted to know how I could best secure it. I shut down anyone who didn't provide me with the answer I was looking for. It's a simple question, really. If one doesn't know a possible way, that person shouldn't have replied.
I'm not trying to be an asshole, just trying to find an answer.

Quote by Wylde_Guitarist
Fine, then I don't see what was wrong with your bike-lock solution. All I'm saying is if it were me and there was no car alarm, a simple pair of bolt-cutters would get me some new "6x9 mid-range subs". hypothetically of course

That's what's wrong with it.
Quote by leeb rocks
Quote by Konkordmusk
Haha I seem to have hit a nerve. No need to be defensive!

Nah you made a stupid decision.

Priorities should go:
1. Security system
2. Expensive shit
Quote by damian_91
Quote by Zombee
Quote by damian_91
Quote by Konkordmusk
Cool, I don't have a proper sub. I didn't really ask if I did or not though, I just wanted to know how I could best secure it. I shut down anyone who didn't provide me with the answer I was looking for. It's a simple question, really. If one doesn't know a possible way, that person shouldn't have replied.
I'm not trying to be an asshole, just trying to find an answer.

Quite frankly, with that attitude, you should be thankful that anybody took the time to reply.

You've heard our verdict. In our opinion, spending money on Car security would be better than installing speakers, especially in your situation.

If you don't like our advice, then thats fine. Just don't moan if it wasn't what you wanted to hear.

*leaves thread*
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by Zombee

Priorities should go:
1. Security system
2. Expensive shit

I got the sound system for just a little more than free.
Quote by leeb rocks
Quote by Konkordmusk

That's what's wrong with it.

well unfortunately for you any locking system that cannot be broken in under a minute, cannot be unlocked in under a minute.
Quote by Wikipedia.org
Quote by Wylde_Guitarist
well unfortunately for you any locking system that cannot be broken in under a minute, cannot be unlocked in under a minute.

Good point! I guess I'm looking for any locking solution, really.
Quote by leeb rocks
Quote by Zombee

Priorities should go:
1. Security system
2. Expensive shit

Riiiight. Because security systems are sooo fun to listen to!

Don't listen to them TS. Just lock it up tight with the bike lock. And maybe park in the garage?
Quote by captaincrunk
Riiiight. Because security systems are sooo fun to listen to!

Don't listen to them TS. Just lock it up tight with the bike lock. And maybe park in the garage?

I would but my mom's car and our dunebuggy takes up the garage.
Edit: THANK you, for a serious and realistic response.
Quote by leeb rocks
Quote by Zombee

Priorities should go:
1. Security system
2. Expensive shit

You have no right to decide someone else's priorities, don't be an ass.
-