Ahhh i have always loved to buy old electronic scrap to find some lost treasures, this is one mans trash another ones treasure!!!!!

Late 50´s electronic board.

Heating up my iron gun right now, cant wait to test the sound of them all!!!!:laugh2::laugh2:

Now i have made a tone test shootout of some of the bees and the Black Beauties, hope you enjoy.

Recorded here:

Test template:

How the subjects where connected:

The Tone chart!!!:

The sound test:

SoundClick artist: Nicolas Rivera - page with MP3 music downloads

And if you want to skip the whole test and just hear the tone knob all the way down on each of the capacitors, go here:

YouTube - Bumble Bees and Black Beauties tone test

NICO.

----------------------------------------------oooooooooooooooooooo---------------------------
Nice. Those Bumble Bees go for like $100 a piece on eBay and TGP. A reissue pair is like $42 or something. And you got a bunch for $37.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Hahaha yes i know, and a have another batch of Black Beauties 20+ pieces coming soon, and guess how much i paid???? $8!!!!

A say never buy repros of this caps, search for originals and super log prices.
I've got one coming in along with some of those RS/Jensen SuperCaps. And this has inspired me to look for some old electronics boards. What does this board belong to?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
well, comparing cap values is ridiculous... of course it's gonna sound different.

maybe get a same rating bumble bee, black beauty, orange drop, sozo, and a cheap ceramic cap.

then we'll see if they really matter.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by mmolteratx
I've got one coming in along with some of those RS/Jensen SuperCaps. And this has inspired me to look for some old electronics boards. What does this board belong to?

I think i was told it was from and old record player or something like that, some thing that played music.
I actually can't hear caps at all.

I bought a handful from radioshack and soldered them together into my guitar.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
have you tried the paper in oil caps that mojo is selling now?

I have some very old PIO caps from the 40´s and early 50´s, they are in my teles and strats, one is in the les paul i used, if you look closer to the image in the OP at the control cavity.
Quote by ECistheBest
well, comparing cap values is ridiculous... of course it's gonna sound different.

maybe get a same rating bumble bee, black beauty, orange drop, sozo, and a cheap ceramic cap.

then we'll see if they really matter.

+1

I still don't think cap material matters in a passive circuit like the guitar, other than maybe noise level reduction and value tolerance.