ok so my friend and I went to a guitar shop today and I found this really cool guitar that I want. I asked the guy, he said hell take $275 for it.
its a squier stagemaster, and from what i can tell its the deluxe version (seeing as it is a neck-thru with 24 frets)

heres the deal:
i CAN pay the $275 cash, and may try to haggle
but the thing is, I have a guitar that I unfortunately do not play as much as I feel it deserves to be played...
its an LTD EX-400 (approx. $540-580 new) and maybe it would be an even trade?
also, I want to keep the EMGs so do you think I can switch out the EMGs for some pickups I took from my Dean Michael Schenker standard and still trade/sell?

thanks in advance
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
I don't really think that's much of a fair trade considering the EX-400 (to me at least) is much better quality. But that really all depends on if you think you'd be happy with the Stagemaster. If you think you'd like it, then by all means trade.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
i mean the EX, when i bought it, was the absolute perfect guitar and i loved playing it. but i keep it tuned a half step down and its difficult to play in a chair so i dont usually pick it up first... or ever
so i feel like if i traded it in, maybe someone will snatch it up and enjoy it more than i wish i could, and at the same time id enjoy a fresh guitar to experiment with

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
I know what you mean... I bought a Tele last Thursday, and am returning it Saturday to get my money back. Just doesn't set itself apart from my Schecter (coil split really is what made the Tele obsolete). Anyway, if you feel like you'd enjoy it, then that's really the most important part. Hell, I'd pay 3 times what my Schecter is worth just because it's the most comfortable/fun guitar I've ever played.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
If you trade they will rip you off and give you as little as possible... pay the money and sell the EX privately.
if i take the EMGs out of the EX, will it still sell for anything? i have some other pickups I can put in, and if i pay the money I can just put in the pickups from the stagemaster, but will it even be worth trying to sell?

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

UPDATE:
so i bought the guitar. paid for it
took it home and the bridge is more of a pain in the butt to set up than originally thought
at the store it was way too out of tune to fix without unclamping the nut and there was a block of wood behind the trim
so i spent all day tryin to fix it but ive decided to just take it to a luthier in town to have it set up

Quote by Lt. Shinysides