Just curious if anyone else has ever been involved in one, and a. What was it like and b. Why'd you guys do it?

I'm just wondering because my dad told me that my relatives asked him to have an intervention with my aunt (his sister. I'm not really close with her or anything, I've just been thinking about it lately). About 80-90% of my family tree has had problems with alcohol and I guess they asked my dad because he's been sober for over 15 years and I suppose you could call him a recovering alcoholic, and he's really got his life in order now (which is about 90% thanks to my mom).

My dad seems kind of nervous about it, and has been reading up on the internet a lot about it, since he told me he really doesn't know a whole lot about how exactly is the best way to do it. Anyways, I'm just curious what you guys experience, if any, is and if you'd be willing to share.

Or any advice would be cool. I'm not gonna be a part of it, but I wouldn't mind helping my pops out.
Last edited by The Madcap at Jun 3, 2010,
What's an intervention?
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
I personally haven't, but from the sounds of it, you should stay far away from alcohol. Although you probably already knew that.

Good luck with it though.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by osXtiger
I personally haven't, but from the sounds of it, you should stay far away from alcohol. Although you probably already knew that.
Yup. Never drank a sip, don't ever plan to.
What's an intervention?
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by Cal UK
What's an intervention?
Simply put, a group of people get together (usually people close who love the person they're confronting) and confront someone for a certain problem (problems can range from drugs, alcohol, mental illness, etc.) and try to talk them into getting help.
Kind of.

I used to have a bit of an eating problem. And would only eat every other day, or I would eat very small portions. (Such as a slice of bread and an apple).

My dad just told me the importance of nutrients and how he was worried that my health would suffer and then he forced me to eat giant meals for the next week until I started eating again.

Recently i'm eating a lot. More than I ever used to, and while I haven't gained weight or anything, I still am never full.
Quote by SeEsAw12
inb4

(Invalid img)

I live about 50 miles away from where that gun was tested.
Quote by mikeyknowsbette
i can make a lolstack!

Quote by Woodkha'ak
I live about 50 miles away from where that gun was tested.

And you have no idea how hard we tried to hit you.
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
Quote by myevilside
And you have no idea how hard we tried to hit you.

Never have been. I imagine it's pretty awful no matter which side you're on.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)