Page 1 of 2
So I have an assignment to analyse a Tv show or a movie that either represents adolescents accurately or represents them falsely.

So what foes the pit think are the most realistic and unrealistic teen shows or movies?
Jesus, a show representing adolescents accurately would be fucking annoying.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Unrealistic, any of those American shit shows - Jersey Shore, The Hills, that kinda crap. Only vain thickshits live like them.
Juno was kinda getting closer/in the right direction although i've never met a pregnant 14 yr old who is that smart and cuttingly sarky.

Glee is pretty much the opposite of real life where everyone groups together to become superfriends... yay...
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
you're probably best picking a movie to write about, there is less to watch and analyse, so you can concentrate on certain parts more.

as for what you should do, any american movie that has come out in the past 5-7 years that involves a couple of teenagers will do, they all seem to be over dramatics of real life, but i could be wrong, america could actually be like that, i wouldn't know as i live in england
Quote by The Madcap
If you mean realistic, then that's a good suggestion.

Also for unrealistic...iCarly.

Yup, realistic for sure.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
Any that doesn't show them masturbating everyday and surfing the pit for hours on end.
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
Quote by red157
Folk will say Skins, despite it being neither wholly accurate or a false representation of teen life.

Pff, Skins can't even get the geography right. Walking through College Green to get to Filton? Not in my name!
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
I like the shows that take the piss out of the ones who try and realistically represent teenagers.

Family Guy has a great bit in it when they're at an assembly at school and the kids are responding to everything the people on stage are doing to 'get down with the kids' positively. That being said, don't do Family Guy because it isn't a good realistic representation of anything.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
One of the more realistic ones is the movie Thirteen. Its about a thirteen-year-old trying to fit in, and she ends up having sex, getting drunk, getting high, shoplifting, and self-harming, and her family and the people around her have problems.

It was such a change watching that after so many shows and movies where teenage life is a rosy 7 years full of good fun and no problems whatsoever. Thirteen kinda covers most things than can and do go wrong as a teenager.
Gossip Girl. I want to punch every single character in the ovaries.

ALL OF THEM.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by suckersdream
One of the more realistic ones is the movie Thirteen. Its about a thirteen-year-old trying to fit in, and she ends up having sex, getting drunk, getting high, shoplifting, and self-harming, and her family and the people around her have problems.

Saw that in year 7, was quiet good.

Unrealistic:
Make It or Break It
The Secret Life of the American Teenager (she is hot though)
The Hills
The City
Jersey Shore ( Maybe more adult-ish)

Realistic:
Most unrealistic = musicals.

I mean, people spontaneously bursting into song and dance in perfect sync just because 2 people can't go to a school dance or something. WTF‽
Any form of "teen" tv show to be honest. The only realistic one is... I don't know any realistic ones
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
Quote by whalepudding
Jesus, a show representing adolescents accurately would be fucking annoying.

This!
The amount of times the kids actually say 'lol' would piss me off to no end.
Lizzie McGuire.

Dead Accurate. Or just do it on Tina Fey's "Mean Girls" because real men love that movie.
Quote by The Madcap
If you mean realistic, then that's a good suggestion.

Also for unrealistic...iCarly.

Cos we've all gone on drunken joy rides with cops who then help us, a pathetic nerd, get pussy

Realistic: Dazed and Confused
Unrealistic: Sex Drive
Quote by true_bacon22
Cos we've all gone on drunken joy rides with cops who then help us, a pathetic nerd, get pussy

It was probably chosen more for the dialogue between the teenage characters, but you focus more on the exagerrated comedic aspect...

Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Pff, Skins can't even get the geography right. Walking through College Green to get to Filton? Not in my name!

I've also noticed that crossing Pero's Bridge could result in any number of destinations based on time and weather.
Quote by bendystraw

just do it on Tina Fey's "Mean Girls" because real men love that movie.

This.

i went to an all girls 6th form... they can be that bad. Seriously.

also ignore Skins its a Daily Mail's portrayal of uss terrible modern teens. up there with Eden Lake...

Ha do Eden Lake for unrealistic please?

I would suggest looking at parts of "This is england" to show peer pressure amongst teens... very good film.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Inbetweeners is fairly accurate. Only difference is people aren't that witty in real life.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by red157
Folk will say Skins, despite it being neither wholly accurate or a false representation of teen life.

Glee for bullshit?

It's gotta' be. America's in trouble if it isn't.

+1 on both of those

Also The obvious - That Twilight is a load of Bull****ingshit!

And Chuck is unrealistic sadly
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
Inbetweeners is fairly accurate. Only difference is people aren't that witty in real life.

inbetweeners is scarily accurate.
Quote by catempire
Superbad?

this. probably the closest thing i've seen to what it's actually like haha

for unrealistic any teen show on the family channel
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
I've seen a few adverts for the show "Secret Life Of The American Teenager", and it looks amazingly bad

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by red157
It was probably chosen more for the dialogue between the teenage characters, but you focus more on the exagerrated comedic aspect...

Exactly. Plus, Superbad was written by teenagers, so the unrealistic plot and comedic aspects are really just their teenage fantasy - which reveals a lot about what teenagers are like.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
Scooby Doo

frekin stoners
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Napoleon Dynamite has some morbid realism to it.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Skins is accurate. Especially in my experiences anyway, and I'm from a small enough town. It may be a small bit exaggerated at parts, but it's fairly accurate.

Anything from the Disney Channel, and such like.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by JackalUK
Unrealistic, any of those American shit shows - Jersey Shore, The Hills, that kinda crap. Only vain rich kids live like them.

Fix'd.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Page 1 of 2