i have a peavey bandit 112 80watt. my strat is a squier by fender. will new pickups help? the ones on now are okay.
Ive got the hot rails in my tele. think the output is like 14k or something rediculous. I play through a little vox ac4tv with an overdrive pedal and it easily overdrives the pream without the pedal. Its pretty heavy through my marshall DSL as well. I played through a line6 once (its not a very good amp to base it on) and it was pretty focussed with high gain. Bareknuckle hand made pickups are probably a good option as well. Hot-rails works though, if you play agressive then itll do the job.
Take a look at Yngwie Malmsteem's new signature pickup. It's by Seymour Duncan
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-STKS10-YJM-Fury-Stack-Neck-Pickup?sku=712572

Also, check out the single coil version of the JB
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-JB-Jr-Pickup?sku=300500
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Quote by thundermonty
i have a peavey bandit 112 80watt. my strat is a squier by fender. will new pickups help? the ones on now are okay.

Nowhere near as much as a new amp will, I would advise in fact that you upgrade everything else about your rig before you go to your pickups.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by thundermonty
i need to go through musicians friend

Why is MF the only option?
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Nowhere near as much as a new guitar will, I would advise in fact that you upgrade your guitar, since it's pretty bad. The amp is good, but the guitar needs replacing ASAP.

Fixed.
First off if you're playing metal I would suggest some type of humbucker instead of a single coil.

Second do you want active or passive?

thirdly keep in mind, if you have a cheap amp it doesn't matter what kind of pickups you have. a good amp and some pedals will go a lot farther than a pickups change in most situations.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Fixed.

even though a bandit can do metal alright, i still disagree. your amp is the biggest part of your tone. unfortunately people just dont understand that...
GEAR:
Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
ESP Ltd Viper 400
Egnater Rebel 30 112
Boss GE-7
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss DD-7
His amp's fine. His guitar is fine.

I don't know why this has gone on so long. The answer is pretty simple: OP, the Hot Rails is your best bet for metal and hard rock tones. It won't have the same thickness and lower-end power of a full humbucker, but if your guitar can't take a full humbucker (check under the pickguard - most Squiers are routed for a HSS set up even if the guitars comes SSS) then the Hot Rails is by far the best option for straight-forward modern heavy tones.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
okay so lets say i buy a metal bridge pickup and put it in my cort. will a emg-hz sound good in a strat if i get that new pickguard? because i can use the cort's old pickup in my strat.
Depends which model of EMG Hz, though be aware that in general the EMG Hz pickups are very average pickups. If you want the Strat to really sound good, you're going to want to buy at least a Seymour Duncan or DiMarzio aftermarket humbucker (since I'm guessing the really expensive boutique pickups like Juicy and Bare Knuckle are out of your price range).

Also be aware that getting a ''metal'' pickup does not give you a metal tone. Pickups don't effect your tone that much, really. Your amp matters far more; after to that, your guitar's general quality and construction design effects the tone the second-most. A pickup change lets you tweak your tone, it won't revolutionise it. If you are unhappy with your tone right now, an amp change is what you need.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
i'm not unhappy with my tone. all is good on the cort and with the amp. the strat is a project guitar. the pickups on it are very low quality.
i guess the hot rails will go in the 2 sc's. and then one of those 2 humbucker will go in the bridge.
If you're sticking with the single coil-sized option, yeah, the Hot Rails is what you want. If you're going for a full humbucker, honestly stay away from any humbucker that has 'Distortion' in the title. All it means is they took a generic, average pickup and stuck a ceramic bar magnet in there. An SD Duncan Custom, SD Parallel Axis Trembucker Original or a DiMarzio AT-1 or DiMarzio Breed will work much better in the Strat.

Edit: if you want to replace the two single coils too, I wouldn't recommend the Hot Rails for the neck position. A Cool Rails will work much better there, and for most people the Cool Rails is better in the middle position too. It's just a much better output balance.
yeah. now that i think about it i think i'll get a dual humbucker pickguard and move my cort's emg's into the strat and buy new pickups for the cort.