OK, so recently I entered a driving course in which I learn how to drive a 4-12 ton truck.

I have no previous driving experience and I am pretty anxious.

Any truck/car drivers here that shared a similar experience?

How do I deal with the anxiety?
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Run over a few people at the course.

Now if you run someone over in the real world, you won't feel as bad.
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
pussy.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
I had this when I started driving. It takes practice man, after you know that you CAN drive, the anxiety will go away. Also, if you are the stressfull type, you better hope for a calm instructor. Bad instructors tend to make you more nervous about driving (mine was terrible)
For a real pervert, any exit can be an entrance.
Quote by sTx
Awesome post, dude.

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Goth
Peavey Valveking 112
My metal band, Nilfgaard
You could've learned how to drive a car first, maybe that would make it all a bit easier, no?
I'M A COWBOY
Quote by loaded_
You could've learned how to drive a car first, maybe that would make it all a bit easier, no?

He's Israeli, so he probably got stuck in the IDF.
Why the hell are you learning to drive a truck if you can't drive a car? Doesn't seem like the greatest idea to me.

I had driving anxiety for a while after I was in an accident. I got over it by not getting in another accident. I realise that's not very helpful.. Sorry

As long as you take it slow and pay attention, you should be fine.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
The first time, you're bound to be. Everyone is. After a few lessons then it should become much better, and almost non existent when you pass.

But yeh, perhaps you may want to consider learning to drive a car first. I'd imagine that they are completely different in driving terms but it may help you to get passed some initial anxiety!
Ibanez RG370DX
Schecter C-1 Classic
Valveking 112 w/ Celestion V30
Bad Monkey
Tanglewood TW28 Acoustic
Experience is the best solution, hypnosis is the quickest.
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
You're about to be handed control of one of the most powerful machines ever built by the humans.

I'd be pretty anxious too...

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
You drive alone? Or having some teacher next to you. If you have a teacher, just drive around and he will tell you that if you run some people over it´s not O.K to do that shit.
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by Worhan
I had this when I started driving. It takes practice man, after you know that you CAN drive, the anxiety will go away. Also, if you are the stressfull type, you better hope for a calm instructor. Bad instructors tend to make you more nervous about driving (mine was terrible)

Oh do I have a terrible instructor....

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
Why the hell are you learning to drive a truck if you can't drive a car? Doesn't seem like the greatest idea to me.

I had driving anxiety for a while after I was in an accident. I got over it by not getting in another accident. I realise that's not very helpful.. Sorry

As long as you take it slow and pay attention, you should be fine.

The IDF arent very logical guys...
Purple string dampener scrunchy.