i've been perusing various vids on the net and cant really decide what is best for me..

im after some kind of boost/overdrive for my ht5 to give it some saturation and push it into more hardcore/lead tones?

im willing to spend around £50-60 in the UK.

the choices ive stumbled across,
- boss sd1 mod'd like a keeley
- maxon od9
- ibanex ts9
- digitech badmonkey

any wisdom?
I honestly think that you can't go wrong with the Maxon OD808.
I've got one and it's one of the greatest improvements I've made to my tone.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Ibanex TS9 or a maxon
I have tried Xotic BB Preamp and Preamp Plus, Danelectro CTO-1 (timmy clone), Analogman SD-1, Fulltone Fulldrive 2 and a biyang TS9 Clone and still go back to the TS9
Ibanez RG1570 (06) LTD Truckster (07) Fender USA Standard Strat (97) Blackstar HT5s ,TC Polytune, SHO Clone, Russian Muff pi, EHX Small Clone, MXR Carbon Copy, Marshall Reflector, MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by marmaliser
Ibanex TS9 or a maxon
I have tried Xotic BB Preamp and Preamp Plus, Danelectro CTO-1 (timmy clone), Analogman SD-1, Fulltone Fulldrive 2 and a biyang TS9 Clone and still go back to the TS9

then its a question of ts9 or 808? ha
Quote by daverichards
then its a question of ts9 or 808? ha

Sadly I can't answer that one as i have only tried a new TS9 and the one I now have (a maxon made one) from the 90's . All I can say is I don't think you will be dissapointed with either TS9 or Maxon OD808
Ibanez RG1570 (06) LTD Truckster (07) Fender USA Standard Strat (97) Blackstar HT5s ,TC Polytune, SHO Clone, Russian Muff pi, EHX Small Clone, MXR Carbon Copy, Marshall Reflector, MXR 10 Band EQ