like if the song is in the key of c since there is no sharps or flats definitely i can use c major and a minor scale but does this apply to other keys like if its in the key of G its got only one sharp so can i use all scales that only have one sharp?
Whoever said the telecasters were only made for country deserves a banjo slapping.
Rick_Diculous wrote:

A band's greatness is measured on Rock Band sales
Yeah, it's always the same. Cmajor and Aminor are in the same relation as Gmajor and Eminor. And they are the only ones with one sharp. Next one are Dmajor and Bminor with 2 sharps. The Circle Of Fifth might help you understand, there are some lessons on that.
Quote by ronkun
like if the song is in the key of c since there is no sharps or flats definitely i can use c major and a minor scale but does this apply to other keys like if its in the key of G its got only one sharp so can i use all scales that only have one sharp?

well, if it's in the key of C, you use a scale based on C. people talk of using the A minor scale with something in the key of C major. you can use the A minor pattern, but you're still using the C major scale - you'd have to modulate to (or at least tonicize) A minor for it to be called the A minor scale.

if it's in the key of G major, you use G major. if it's in the key of E minor, you use E minor. i mean, you can always go outside the scales, but you don't use the E minor scale over something in the key of G major. get me? the scales (G major/E minor and C major/A minor) use the same notes, but they imply a different resolution, ergo a different key.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
not really, as the sharp in the key of g may not be the same sharp as another key with only one sharp. saying that though, all keys have relative keys that can work with them, for example the key of G major works with the key of e minor as they have the same flat- f sharp, theirs plenty of sites that help you with it- good luck
ah yeah thanks well this cleared things up since there were no lessons relating what i learned on circle of 5ths and scales and yeah thats true since the key of g has the sharp on f and the scale of g major has the sharp on f so e minor should sound alike but not totally alike in feeling
Whoever said the telecasters were only made for country deserves a banjo slapping.
Rick_Diculous wrote:

A band's greatness is measured on Rock Band sales
Last edited by ronkun at Jun 3, 2010,
Quote by ronkun

thats the point.
BLACK METAL IST KRIEG

I swing into action like a whirlpool,
I get wilder than a rapist in a catholic all girl school