Hai guise

Need help!

Does anyone know why people use "flight" of stairs? It just doesn't make sense to me.

I googled and found no explanation.

Me and a friend discussed that it maybe "flight" since stairs elevate you to another level, therefore u sort of fly? Then he said i was thinking too analytical about it.

So an explanation would be cool.
Because it is; the English language is ****ing stupid.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Quote by King Twili
Because it is; the English language is ****ing stupid.

Pretty much sums it up.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
A better question is why goose has a plural of geese while moose is still moose? Or why gone and cone don't have the same "O" sound...?

Because english doesn't make sense yet more people know it.. which also doesn't make sense...
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
I googled and it said the origin is unknown. Fucking disappointing.

Although I know that no-one knows where the word "dog" comes from. That's a bit related.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by whalepudding
I googled and it said the origin is unknown. Fucking disappointing.

Although I know that no-one knows where the word "dog" comes from. That's a bit related.

Onomatopoeia? That's my guess.
thanks deplorable!

...i would give u some cake that i'm eating now, but can't.
Quote by ezza619
thanks deplorable!

...i would give u some cake that i'm eating now, but can't.

I want cake

nah, no worries man, I thought of this myself a while ago and needed to find the answer, so i did some research and that's what i found
So apparently u were right Ezza.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Maybe they were high?
Quote by Hergiswi

Once I fucked a mountain gorilla and it couldn't even tell me it loved me afterward.
Quote by spanishyanez
Mental you get my vote for making me laugh for more than 3 minutes
Quote by bass-man9712
A better question is 1. why goose has a plural of geese while moose is still moose? Or why 2. gone and cone don't have the same "O" sound...?

Because english doesn't make sense yet more people know it.. which also doesn't make sense...

1. Because English has a lot of loan words from other languages, so a word with internal changes to form the plural is likely to be of Germanic origin, like the word Ox/Oxen. Moose would have been a later loan word from a different language to end up with the plural it has.

2. Because, again, they have different etymologies, and because /g/ is voiced and /k/ is unvoiced (make the noises, /g/ will cause your throat to vibrate), and it is easier to make a lower vowel after a voiced consonant, and easier to make a higher vowel after an unvoiced consonant.

Also the /e/ at the end of words used to mean the first vowel is long. So gone would have been said like cone. But in the 1600s there was a vowel shift, fucking everything up, and making it so nothing sounds like it is spelt any more. Words with no /e/ on the end normally sound shorter. So compare gone and con, you'll see how the vowel shift ruined that word

As for the OP question, dunno. Let's not forget flight only meant what it does now in recent history. Aeroplanes haven't been around for that long, before that only birds flew. I think steps have been around longer than aeroplanes, so who knows what the original meaning of 'flight' in general might have been
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
1. Because English has a lot of loan words from other languages, so a word with internal changes to form the plural is likely to be of Germanic origin, like the word Ox/Oxen. Moose would have been a later loan word from a different language to end up with the plural it has.

2. Because, again, they have different etymologies, and because /g/ is voiced and /k/ is unvoiced (make the noises, /g/ will cause your throat to vibrate), and it is easier to make a lower vowel after a voiced consonant, and easier to make a higher vowel after an unvoiced consonant.

Also the /e/ at the end of words used to mean the first vowel is long. So gone would have been said like cone. But in the 1600s there was a vowel shift, fucking everything up, and making it so nothing sounds like it is spelt any more. Words with no /e/ on the end normally sound shorter. So compare gone and con, you'll see how the vowel shift ruined that word

.... touche

you win this round... >.>
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated