Morning UG.

Sooooo, I've found out that my income tax cheque will be quite substantial thanks to the Canadian Government taking more from me than they should have (bastards). Anyway I want to buy a new guitar and I LOVE PRS'. I would like it to be a hardtail, 24 frets, H-H pickups and have that sweet lookin' PRS quilted top. I will be playing mostly metal and some blues as well. Any ideas people? Budget 1500$ (CAD)
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
Quote by DroptuneD
Morning UG.

Sooooo, I've found out that my income tax cheque will be quite substantial thanks to the Canadian Government taking more from me than they should have (bastards). Anyway I want to buy a new guitar and I LOVE PRS'. I would like it to be a hardtail, 24 frets, H-H pickups and have that sweet lookin' PRS quilted top. I will be playing mostly metal and some blues as well. Any ideas people? Budget 1500$ (CAD)

I'd PM gregs1020 about it... Not only is he a retailer who could probably get you a deal on one, he's also become a real PRS afficinado in the last few months. He even went to the factory and met Paul a while back.

Edit: Or just wait, I guarantee he'll be in here before long, as obsessed with PRS as he is.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
A PRS SE Custom 24 seems to be what you're looking for, though if you can save a bit more you may be able to move out of the SE region into the premium models.
^^ Thanks Dan.

24 frets and hard tail doesn't really cough up too many options. I would agree that a used USA Custom 24 would probably fit the bill well, but it has a trem. A very good trem that can be set down so it's not going to go sharp if you are heavy pick hand'ed. (I do this to strats, because i'm a heavy handed picker). it's not blocking the trem, just setting it flush to the body.

acousticmirror is selling a sweet 24 with barenuckles in it. it's blue and sexay but i think it's a flame top. try to work a deal with him.

there are some hard tail versions but mostly artists i believe which would be just out of range. ($2000 used from time to time).

is 24 frets a must have? If not a McCarty would work well. McCartys have a thicker mahogany body than the Customs. by about a 1/8 inch. (maybe a 1/4, i can't remember for sure but that's one of the differences). Some custom 22s had hard tails as well.
CE-24 and block the trem.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
CE-24 and block the trem.

very good call. should be within budget easily.