I've been thinking of getting an acoustic guitar for a while now. My price range is around USD$500. The thing that I'm having problems with is choosing a guitar. Can you guys recommend one for me please. I have my sights on a Dean Exotica Tiger Eye. What I was wondering, is it a quality instrument? Does it sound great? Is that a veneer or is that wood finish the real deal? Is the abalone inlays and rosette real? I am seriously considering this particular guitar based solely on its looks, I've never heard it, held it, anything like that. I would greatly appreciate your help in enlightening me about this guitar. Thank you in advance.
SG
I would go with a Martin or a Takamine.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Deans are pretty poor quality.

In your range, look at Seagull and Takamine.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate

This is correct, the one I own is not anything exciting.
It souns OK, but you could do better.
The build is lacking.
Wasted money really.
Yup Cap and the Crow are right Takamine and seagull are your best bet in this price range.
I do sure love me them Gibsons boy
Quote by captivate

I wouldnt say that,When I bought my acoustic I was going around stores looking at alot of companies,Some more familier and some less and what really caught me was my Dean Michael Schenker Preformer,Everything sounded clear and better then all of the other guitars and the feeling and color felt better.
What other guitars did you try? I'm sure if you tried a $500 takamine or seagull, you would probably consider otherwise. I've also checked dozens of Deans and Ibanez guitars. Looking on the inside of the guitar, I often find that someone was quite trigger happy with the glue and never bothered to clean it.

As well, extra consideration should be given to showroom guitars with really crappy strings. Everyone gets their grubby hands on it and the strings are usually pretty bad.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
What other guitars did you try? I'm sure if you tried a $500 takamine or seagull, you would probably consider otherwise. I've also checked dozens of Deans and Ibanez guitars. Looking on the inside of the guitar, I often find that someone was quite trigger happy with the glue and never bothered to clean it.

As well, extra consideration should be given to showroom guitars with really crappy strings. Everyone gets their grubby hands on it and the strings are usually pretty bad.

I remember I checked a couple of takamines,taylors.yamahas and also some Ibanez,I liked the dean the most,plus it cost 500$(something like that we have shekel here) and it has electronics and a built in tuner,Plus I love the color everyone have a brown acoustic,I have gotten complimants on mine
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
I remember I checked a couple of takamines,taylors.yamahas and also some Ibanez,I liked the dean the most,plus it cost 500$(something like that we have shekel here) and it has electronics and a built in tuner,Plus I love the color everyone have a brown acoustic,I have gotten complimants on mine

I get compliments ALL THE TIME for the looks of my black classical guitar (extremely uncommon around here), but that doesn't change the fact that it sounds like $#/%.

Deans may be "flashy", but soundwise they are lacking, to say the least.

While guitars like Martins, Takamines and Seagulls have that "traditional" look, but they sound incredibly better.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112