Give me some bands from your country.

I live in India and we've got a few bands here who play djent, experimental stuff. These are the few bands I know from my country- Limit Zero, Hydrodjent, Scribe, Blind Image, Refractor, etc.
Quote by T.s.e
Dimmu Borgir, Satyricon, Datarock.

Woah! I didn't know that Black Metal is turning djent!
What the hell is djent?
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
Quote by uk.mace

The idea was to post Djent band, guys. Although to be fair, this should be in the Metal Forum really.

All those bands are Djent, I swear it on my own brown hair!

EDIT: I'm blonde.
Last edited by The_Casinator at Jun 3, 2010,
Quote by Steven Vynson
Give me some bands from your country.

I live in India and we've got a few bands here who play djent, experimental stuff. These are the few bands I know from my country- Limit Zero, Hydrodjent, Scribe, Blind Image, Refractor, etc.

Don't tell me you haven't heard of Bhayanak Maut, Zero, Kryptos, Avial, Motherjane, Demonic Resurrection, Junkyard Groove and Nervetree, man...

Well the last one's my band..but the rest I mean.

Shattedit: As you can see, I read the OP thoroughly...
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Last edited by shattamakar at Jun 3, 2010,
Quote by Astyan
What the hell is djent?

Quote by T.s.e
What on Earth is djent?

Djent is a guitar noise onomatopoeia. It is characterized by heavier than normal pick strokes, "razor tight, high gain tone", and palm muting (although it is debated whether this is during the note or immediately following).

EDIT (Possibly better wording than my explanation):
From Misha Mansoor of Periphery/Bulb:
"The onomatopoeia of a heavily palm muted distorted guitar chord which is usually played as but not limited to a 4 string double octave powerchord, and as a result sounds much more metallic and sonically present than a 'chug' 'chugga' or 'djun' per se, and which is basically how Periphery would describe its palm muted guitar sound."
Last edited by jfreyvogel at Jun 3, 2010,
Quote by The_Casinator
Guys, Djent is music with weird polymetric structures, right?

No. You're thinking of Mathcore I believe. To be fair most Djent bands (that I have listened to at least) do employ Mathcore structuring.
Last edited by jfreyvogel at Jun 3, 2010,
Quote by uk.mace
@Steven Vynson Take it to the Metal Forum, you're gonna get better responses there - they'll actually know what you're talking about. As such, I've reported the thread.

No he won't. Trust me.
Quote by The_Casinator
Guys, Djent is music with weird polymetric structures, right?

I think South African noblemen are called Djents.

Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by shattamakar
Don't tell me you haven't heard of Bhayanak Maut, Zero, Kryptos, Avial, Motherjane, Demonic Resurrection, Junkyard Groove and Nervetree, man...

Well the last one's my band..but the rest I mean.

Shattedit: As you can see, I read the OP thoroughly...

I've heard of most of the bands you've listed. I've seen Bhayanak Maut, Motherjane, Avial, Demonic Resurrection, and Kryptos live. But nonne of these bands (except Bhayanak Maut) play any djent stuff.
Quote by jfreyvogel
http://got-djent.com/

This should help anyone looking for bands, or who still doesn't understand what djent is.

I've been to this site before. But I was looking for unheard bands.
Thanks, anyway.
Periphery DUH
Quote by 1201ZJ
FoolishFool, you sir, are a genius. A ****ing genius, I tell you.