I just bought a Peavey Vypyr 120 H and I absolutely LOVE it! Amazing deal for the price. I'm interested in recording with the USB and or line out. I have an interface thats connected with cubase SE. I bought a aux cable that has a 1/8 and 1/4 connectors and tried to plug that into my interface last night and it made a LOUD buzzing and crackling sound. Almost sounded like when a wire is bad and you adjust it, only it was constant. Any ideas?

Also, I tried to recording with the USB out on the amp. I connected it to my computer and it loaded fine. I was even able to record with sound recorder but I'm unable to figure out how to load it up in cubase SE. HELP!
MY GEAR

Jackson Soloist w/ EMG-81 @ bridge and EMG PSA @ neck
Takamine EF341SC
Fender Squire bass

Peavey Vypyr 120 Head
Mesa Boogie slant 4x12

Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Metal Zone (for DI recording)
Shure SM57
Tascam US-122
Reaper
Cubase
anyone?
MY GEAR

Jackson Soloist w/ EMG-81 @ bridge and EMG PSA @ neck
Takamine EF341SC
Fender Squire bass

Peavey Vypyr 120 Head
Mesa Boogie slant 4x12

Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Metal Zone (for DI recording)
Shure SM57
Tascam US-122
Reaper
Cubase
I''m not 100% sure on this but what I've read on the peavey forums (I have the same amp but in combo) that the vypyr is an interface on its own so you just plug it directly into your PC and not into your interface, as for using it in cubase I've not idea cause I don't use but in garageband I had to set the input to mono and turn on input monitoring, your best bet is to mic it up cause the line doesn't capture the tone properly, I'm getting an SM57 for mine